★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-09-2013, 03:44 PM
#61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video
Thanks for posting up a video! I'm sure that you've already figured this out by now, but I felt it was worth mentioning since your video didn't show it in action. This game supports multitouch inputs, so you can pick up an item from the ground with one finger and tap on a character with the other. That way you can just put the new item right in their inventory (skipping the old hand shuffle).

Now I just need to figure out how to cast spells, and I MIGHT just get somewhere! LOL!
01-09-2013, 05:23 PM
#62
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 924
I played this all the way through back in the day. I remember my characters dying from starvation as I fought the second-to-last battle. Winning that battle netted me enough food to finish the game... Barely. I remember saying to myself that I would never play another RPG that required me to find food, and I meant it.

The game was fun and original but I won't revisit it for that reason. The artificial timer that food imposes (there is a finite amount) means that every step must be weighed for efficiency. That just takes all of the fun out of it for me.

01-09-2013, 10:47 PM
#63
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotComCTO View Post
Since the developer is saying they developed the game from scratch using their own code, the game will likely be able to stay on the App Store.

--DotComCTO
While the code may be from scratch it doesn't make it legitimate, but thanks. Im really just wanting to know if I buy this am I supporting the rightful owners or would I be supporting an unsanctioned copy.
01-10-2013, 01:21 AM
#64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
I played this all the way through back in the day. I remember my characters dying from starvation as I fought the second-to-last battle. Winning that battle netted me enough food to finish the game... Barely. I remember saying to myself that I would never play another RPG that required me to find food, and I meant it.

The game was fun and original but I won't revisit it for that reason. The artificial timer that food imposes (there is a finite amount) means that every step must be weighed for efficiency. That just takes all of the fun out of it for me.
There was a way to regenerate food in Dungeon Master not sure if its in this version though.
01-10-2013, 12:04 PM
#65
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captive View Post
There was a way to regenerate food in Dungeon Master not sure if its in this version though.
It's been a while so I am most likely wrong, but I think the ability to generate food was only in Dungeon Master 2.
01-10-2013, 01:09 PM
#66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
It's been a while so I am most likely wrong, but I think the ability to generate food was only in Dungeon Master 2.
Sorry about that i should have been clearer,what i meant was you could regenerate creatures such as rats and worms which could be killed for a near infinite supply of food.Never played Dungeon Master 2 just the original and Chaos Strikes Back.
01-10-2013, 03:02 PM
#67
temporarily removed for bug fixing

Before questions arise:

saw that the app was not available anymore and so contacted the developer
out of curiosity: game has been temp. taken down by them due to the
bugs reported and should be back soon (a week by their words).

I remember the good ol' days when I played Dungeon Master on my Atari ST,
one of the true classics, and so impressive for it's time, was really surprised
to see this pop up (since there's no official port I'll gladly take this).
Hopefully it will be back soon

Last edited by Lightlii; 01-10-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: stubborn smiley...
01-10-2013, 11:56 PM
#68
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightlii View Post
Before questions arise:

saw that the app was not available anymore and so contacted the developer
out of curiosity: game has been temp. taken down by them due to the
bugs reported and should be back soon (a week by their words).

I remember the good ol' days when I played Dungeon Master on my Atari ST,
one of the true classics, and so impressive for it's time, was really surprised
to see this pop up (since there's no official port I'll gladly take this).
Hopefully it will be back soon
Already pulled? Guess my fears were spot on.
01-11-2013, 10:15 AM
#69
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightlii View Post
Before questions arise:

saw that the app was not available anymore and so contacted the developer
out of curiosity: game has been temp. taken down by them due to the
bugs reported and should be back soon (a week by their words).
Would you share the developer's contact information? I assume that is public.
01-11-2013, 11:29 AM
#70
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Would you share the developer's contact information? I assume that is public.
Sure, they posted it in post 53, just 2 pages back:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...5&postcount=53