★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
...any chance of an iPhone/iPod/Universal build?
01-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
This game looks great, but the tap-to-move controls never works well on iPad. Any plans on implementing a virtual joystick so you can hold the iPad like a controller and use your thumbs to move around and control the action?
Hey chris1a,

We built the game from the ground up specifically for this set of controls. We felt that we could find a better solution to the virtual pads (we're not big fans!). We hope you'll give it a try, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the control system.

We're working on a PC version due for release soon, and we'd love to do Android support in the near future. We are looking into iPhone/iPod too, so watch this space!

01-10-2013, 03:04 PM
I guess I'll be waiting(and hopefully patiently)until the update is ok'd by apple. I got hit with the Joe Danger bug also.

And yes I'm sold on this one.
01-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Cheers Professionalalbum

We're obviously gutted this bug made it through, we're sort of new to all of this.

Hopefully the patch has a quick approval.

01-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Holding my breath on the iPhone release. Just wanted to say your game looks awesome. Great job! Miso jelly!

ıllıllı ȼĽǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
01-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Anyone know how long an App Store review takes to post? Just put a nice one up for Ku

Edit: it's up!

Last edited by Psiufoxx; 01-10-2013 at 05:58 PM.
01-10-2013, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=Psiufoxx;2623370]Anyone know how long an App Store review takes to post? Just put a nice one up for Ku [/QUOTE

It seems to be sort of hourly, but I'm not entirely sure. Many thanks for the review Psiufoxx!
01-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Wow reading the thread I was getting so excited, until I saw the dreaded only touch to move controls. Why not give players the option to use a virtual stick as well? Many other games have done this with no problem. I know there are a section of gamers out there that want to use the virtual stick, so why not make an option to please them as well?
01-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Whoo!! Good news Retina people - we think our fast-track pleas to Apple worked!! The patch was approved in record time and is now out for update (good job Apple!), so you guys should now be able to have a perfect playing experience (we hope :P )!

@Psiufoxx - I can't see the review yet from where we are, but thank you so much for writing it!

@Alc819 - this issue was actually a huge consideration when we were building this game - we worked quite hard on implementing a full control system.
One of the main reasons for no virtual stick is due to the way your character controls and the way combat is implemented-it can be very fast and requires precise targeting, and using on-screen controls would be cumbersome for some of the maneuvers Ku makes.
Some of the puzzles also use a large amount of screen real-estate.
Because of this, we found from testing that the control system we currently have implemented was the one that felt most natural to users. However, if it really is a problem, we can investigate other control methods too!
Hopefully I've been convincing enough :P , but if you have any questions about how the controls are implemented, we will be happy to answer them

Also, we're going to try and get TouchArcade to give us a review! Have you guys got any tips about this we could use, please?

Last edited by firewatersun; 01-10-2013 at 07:44 PM.
01-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Instabuy. Downloading now.