Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-10-2013, 06:45 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Working on the Temple set fun. Glad to have one with the new frogs.

Meanwhile, I'm getting a lot of NEW frogs in gifts that are not what I'm working on so I have been giving them away at random.

Please reply to this if you are missing any of the new frogs or need one for a request. Or if you'd like random "ugly" frogs. Never know who best to gift them to. thanks 0.1.0 aka Sneebdubple
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirtew View Post
I would like a starter set please.
TYIA.
sent
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM
iPhone 4S, OS 4.x

Default Major Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXBR View Post
I agree with you lisi ...when I first looked at the sets a year or so ago the set on offer was "tribal council" ... A set with many high level frogs I had never seen ... I couldn't make sense of it and didn't return to the set section for a while ...and yes players of lower levels are "road blocked" as you say...from breeding old sets.... My favourite aspect of the game (I'm back to set 15 .. 2011...) ... I suppose they can skip this set and breed future sets (if any) at their level ....
That's if they can work out that the sets change once a week .... I didn't
The essential problem is that, unlike TT where the player has the choice of Missions (before they stopped posting weekly Missions, that is), PF is absolutely rigid in that it presents past Weekly Sets in reverse chronological order. That means that someone would be able to finish many of the earlier sets but is blocked by a set which contains newer or higher level frogs. S/he could do the earlier Mud Skippers Set with ease, for example, but will never get to it until this artificial barricade is breached. I say, "NB devs, tear down this wall!" Make the ability to do past sets la TT, giving the user the choice of which set s/he can do.

The way it works now is if the player is unable to complete *this* set, it'll be skipped. Maybe s/he will be able to do the next one. But, after finishing, s/he will be presented with the same roadblock set again & again. I am flabbergasted that NB doesn't see what a frustrating situation it has created & has made no effort to rectify it.

OK. I've had my say in a forum where many are advanced & few, including myself, will be affected. Nonetheless when something seems so wrong & lunkheaded, I feel compelled to speak out.

p.s.: Thanks to dom for the Quilta & Andi for the Papilo.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Lisi, I agree that players should be able to skip weekly sets and choose which ones to complete first. Perhaps NB will fix this in an update?

Thanks to Maholah for the Levar,
Dean for the Emblema,
Gracesqx for the Nebula,
Nirtew for the Fortuno,
Frogparent0 for the Signum,
Danjarus for the Nebula,
Dlstar for the Pyramis,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

A nice evening to all.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 PM
iPad

Sorry for the delay but I finally was able to repair my Internet at my home and now have plenty of this weeks starter sets available. If no one speaks up, my usual victims will be getting them. They are all ready o go.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisianne View Post
The way it works now is if the player is unable to complete *this* set, it'll be skipped. Maybe s/he will be able to do the next one. But, after finishing, s/he will be presented with the same roadblock set again & again. I am flabbergasted that NB doesn't see what a frustrating situation it has created & has made no effort to rectify it.
Maybe if it worked the same way as the achievements so if a habitat matches any set you get an award for that set and you can browse through the sets to see what you feel like going for.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by meplie View Post
sent
Thanks very much for the Temple Run starter.
Dom, I just couldn't wait.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazstp View Post
Maybe if it worked the same way as the achievements so if a habitat matches any set you get an award for that set and you can browse through the sets to see what you feel like going for.
Yeah except for the associated rewards that rather set them apart from the achievements.

It's interesting, having always been ahead of the curve I never even realised there was an issue, but it does sound like something that might put new players off, and that's no good. Either way I hope they don't stop with PF sets for a good while - odd that they have stopped for a newer game.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic15 View Post
Sorry for the delay but I finally was able to repair my Internet at my home and now have plenty of this weeks starter sets available. If no one speaks up, my usual victims will be getting them. They are all ready o go.
Not sure if I am a usual victim but yes please. Thanks also for the Quiltas. I am maturing some frogs for you as we speak. Hope you're not sick of Levars. I'm at the end of them now.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:46 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by awboj View Post
Not sure if I am a usual victim but yes please. Thanks also for the Quiltas. I am maturing some frogs for you as we speak. Hope you're not sick of Levars. I'm at the end of them now.
On the way!