Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Default Awesome guys thanks!!!

Oh that video from the T.V. interview... what a difference being caught off guard by T.V. cameras makes compared to my somewhat scripted webcast last summer.

'We have like... We have like... We have like 120 maps... I have 120 Maps...'

"c'mon spit it out! ...and is it We or YOU!"

It's just me. And my fiancé and cat cheering me on. So all the hats to wear and sometimes I might miss a bit on the game Evangelism/Online Marketing Machine so you guys being pumped really helps me out!

Never one for the spotlight. And VERY happy my friend Bill from Zeboyd Games made an appearance in that video. If you like JRPG and Penny Arcade, I highly suggest checking out their Penny Arcade Precipice of Darkness 3.

Quote:
Hell yeah! That is the spirit that divides the really good games from the games which are purposely made for earning money in the first place! Live that dream and if the game is good, it might be successful.
Quote:
this looks like more of that awesome genre of games i adore.
Quote:
- day one purchase for me!
Quote:
so this will be instabuy!
Yep. Game will be $1.99
iOS, Kindle Fire, Nook, and Android (google market)

Awesome! This kind of underground enthusiasm really keeps me going. Now I know I am in the $10 profit range! I think it will be a more than fair price for a lot of work.(albiet fun work that I wouldn't have traded for anything) I think it will have something for everyone to get a kick out of.

Speaking of which... The game is deep in testing. So expect a submission announcement in... wait... I've done that too much and just kept people waiting... Expect it soon. But expect new screenshots within the week for sure.

Quote:
The developer might come and take my first born
haha, no but I really need to update the screens when I get a chance to breath. Look at that font!

Thanks again guys!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:22 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaLevel View Post
Yep. Game will be $1.99
iOS, Kindle Fire, Nook, and Android (google market)

Awesome! This kind of underground enthusiasm really keeps me going. Now I know I am in the $10 profit range! I think it will be a more than fair price for a lot of work.(albiet fun work that I wouldn't have traded for anything) I think it will have something for everyone to get a kick out of.

HAHAHAHA!

Make it 16 bucks cause three friends of mine will get this for sure, too!

Btw., ... using the term "underground enthusiasm" for a dungeon crawler RPG is kind of... genius.
I am going to call myself an Underground Enthusiast from now on.

Oh, and don't rush things. Take your time, test the game, kill the bugs... but don't make the mistake to rush it. Gamers are very unforgiving when a games crashes alot. Not me, but quite some others.

Will the game also have secret areas and hidden eastereggs? I always loved these kind of things.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
...Will the game also have secret areas and hidden eastereggs? I always loved these kind of things.
From the public description we know QuestLord emphasizes world exploration. There some secrets I missed in not paying attention to the details. Consider that a hushed whisper because I can't speak definitely or too much about testing but even in the pre-release draft I've gotten more than $1.99 of enjoyment out of QuestLord.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Signed up I love these kind of RPGs.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 AM

Every now and then I see an enthusiastic announcement to beta testers from the developer about reaching some landmark that sounds promising. I've played an early build of the game but am as excited as anyone to see the release edition.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:03 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Hi everyone! who all is for trying to bump this up to game of the week when it finally is released?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:06 PM

This is an interesting article from a news, Fox News Houston, station that talks a little about the one man show that QuestLord is the result of. There's also a few blurry news video captures of gameplay.

Excerpt:
Quote:
"It's a game that is in the style of the legendary classic role-playing games that you would play on the computer," Kinkead said. "It's done in the style that you would remember in the 80s or 90s."

Anywhere else, you might think your smartphone or tablet is acting up. In "QuestLord", the cobbled pixels and crude animations are a callback to the days of floppy disks and dusty computer monitors.

Cell by cell, players will explore a variety of pixellated settings, including dank dungeons, frosty mountains, murky swamps and small towns. In them, you'll find a variety of non-player characters, friendly and not-so-friendly. Hint: for the latter, shoot a fireball first and ask questions later.

Players can choose to play as a Human, Dwarf or Elf. Each race has a different starting point, equipment and character stats. Kinkead assured me the player is free to choose their own path as they progress.

"There are a lot of mobile games that are real bright and colorful and just kind of one-offs. You pick up, you play it, that's cute, it's a time-waster, I'm done. But there wasn't really anything on the mobile device for me that was role-play enough," Kinkead said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosenbach View Post
Hi everyone! who all is for trying to bump this up to game of the week when it finally is released?
You seem pretty confident that QuestLord will be good.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-28-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 12:53 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 PM

"Swipe to attack your foes" is a novel approach to combat for an iOS dungeon crawler; interesting use of the touch screen.

Nice screenshots! I like the first row; one of these things is not like the others: evil glowing red eye tree, chesty bar maiden with beer by fireplace, or yellowing reanimated corpse.

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-02-2013 at 11:44 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 01:47 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I have been testing this game for quite some time, and I really can't say how amazing it is! I haven't this much fun with an Rpg for soooo long! Not only is it amazingly fun, but Eric (the dev) is awesome! I have only reported three or four bugs, but all were fixed THAT DAY! This has really been an awesome game to play. I can't thank Lavalevel enough for the chance to test it!

P.s. I got to try a lizard on a stick for the first time in this game!