★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
Bought this and it's awesome, but a little bummed about the iOS 6 thing, means I won't be playing it on my iPhone, but I can still play it on my iPad, so yeah you know first world problems and all....
I've played it a bunch of times on iOS6 and haven't had a single crash so far (iPhone 5)
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
I tried the demo version, and both times the game crashed on me in about the 3-4th dungeon (iPhone 5). Is the full version any less crash prone? Crashing in a roguelike isn't much fun...

01-11-2013, 11:30 AM
If you get a freeze spell, sell it instead of use it and you won't have crashing. Just don't exit out of the app
01-11-2013, 11:31 AM
What is the advantage to finding the dungeon key as opposed to just turning over every tile since there is a bonus for clearing the board? Why not just randomly flip over every single tile on the board?
01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alc819 View Post
What is the advantage to finding the dungeon key as opposed to just turning over every tile since there is a bonus for clearing the board? Why not just randomly flip over every single tile on the board?
No bonus for clearing and/or finding spells or hearts etc. that's what I do is clear the whole board unless its a greedy door hate those door they always want my gold.
01-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
The bonus is not that big to worth it, considering the HP loss to clear the level. On higher levels there are more powerful enemies and you might not even be able to defeat all of them. Especially if you need the HP to reach higher levels to unlock other classes.
01-11-2013, 11:43 AM
I bought the full version and wasn't able to finish a single game, because the game crashed every time but at different points (entering a new dungeon, opening a chest, picking up an item). It was quite fun but losing the whole game progress is a showstopper for me. I will return to the game when the major crashes are fixed.
01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrica View Post
The bonus is not that big to worth it, considering the HP loss to clear the level. On higher levels there are more powerful enemies and you might not even be able to defeat all of them. Especially if you need the HP to reach higher levels to unlock other classes.
The best idea to do is save all your coins and level up the book in the skills and it will help you Better because clearing rooms isn't that good unless its coins then every bit counts.
01-11-2013, 11:48 AM
The Assassin is pretty amazing. He automatically first strikes unearthed tiles (initially just 1 damage) with a chance to stun.

Few rougelikes have a definitive ending (100 Rogues is all I can think of) so I suspect Dungelot is endless.
Quote:
Well... if you randomly flip over every title you'll probably unearth monsters (or traps) that will hurt you in combat required to flip over adjacent tiles. The pay off though might be that there are rewards/boosts hidden on the playing field also but if you can get more benefit than set back is random.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
The best idea to do is save all your coins and level up the book in the skills and it will help you Better because clearing rooms isn't that good unless its coins then every bit counts.
The benefits are limited to one game but I've enjoyed pumping funds into the shop tiles (when they can be found) to upgrade attack as much as possible. At least early on in character upgrading single game shop utilization seems essentially to getting deeper.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-11-2013 at 03:19 PM.
01-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
That's what "extended bathroom breaks" are for.

I usually have a hard time getting into games with rogue like elements..but boy this game is fun for me.
Good point, but without being too gross my stomach pretty much takes care of those "extended breaks" for me as it is. Normally I'd eat lunch as quick as possible and spend the rest of my lunch hour playing games, but today I went to lunch. Guess I'll just have to dream of rogue-likes for another few hours

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre