Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I was never interested in the Wii, but it had some exclusives I was interested in. Little King's Story was one of them, and Muramasa was another. Can't wait for the Vita port.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-10-2013, 02:16 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Grabbed Haunt the House: Terrortown and The Life of Pixel off of PSM today. They're both pretty good. Here are some impressions.

(This sounds dark, but it's fairly lighthearted) Haunt the House is a game where you play as a ghost, and must reunite your family, as well as empty the town of people using a variety of different methods.

To reunite your family, you have to kill each unique character (your living family members), which then unlocks them as playable characters accessable at your home- the bell tower.

To empty the town of people, there are a few different ways to approach things. You can simply scare them away, kill them, or make them commit suicide. Scaring is the easiest method, while killing and suicide are harder. You accomplish any one of the three by possessing the many different objects within each building, which all have different ways of providing scares/death. Most objects just scare people, while others can kill or drive them to commit suicide.

Upon emptying every building, and reuniting your family, the game is finished, and it tells you how good you did, as well as a few different stats, making it fairly replayable- though it unfortunately does not save scores from previous playthroughs.

Has great music (though it has sound issues when first loading) and visuals- very charming game. I enjoyed it, and can't really think of anything to complain about, other than issues I already mentioned, and the fact that the game made me want more. It's based upon a free flash game (which only has one building that is different from those in this game) which you can try here:
http://armorgames.com/play/7195/haunt-the-house

Here's a trailer as well:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

There isn't really as much to be said about The Life of Pixel, because it's a much simpler game (as far as I can tell so far). It is a platformer with a variety of worlds, each world themed after a specific retro console. You play as Pixel, a green pixel that decides to learn about his history, via these different worlds.

I haven't yet gotten past the first world, but the way it plays right now is there are spikes, enemies, and quicksand, which you may or may not encounter, and kill you upon contact, an exit which only unlocks when you have gathered every token in the level, and hidden gems.

It's pretty fun for a basic platformer, and is also really hard/annoying at parts. The only thing I don't really like about it, is how high you can jump. The jumping just seems like too much, but I dunno. Worth a look for $2.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:40 AM
iPhone 4S

There will be a announcement coming on around Feb 2013. So we will probably see demo of more soul sacrifice. And also killzone. And tbh about project shield, it's not for me at all. I thought it would be cool if that thing can play steam games. But nope. It's streaming steam games... Lol since I don't own good pc it's not for me.
3DS on the other hand, got me really excited. I sold mine to get vita and never really thought it was wrong choice since none of their games were that interesting at all. But that exclusive Pokemon x and y changed my mind. I am looking around online to find cheap ones. Because 3ds too expensive.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Oh man, I am in love with EDF2017! The game gets so crazy the further you get in! It's like playing through a 50's B movie only with large, destructive weaponry that can take out half the city.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM

Wake up club for PS Vita

That sounds pretty cool. Could be my new alarm heh.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Wake up club for PS Vita

That sounds pretty cool. Could be my new alarm heh.
Somehow I'm kind of excited for that. Will have to see if that can replace my iPod as my alarm clock...

Now the only question is if sony will release it in europe the same week

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 01-10-2013 at 04:26 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Two tweets from @PlaystationEU that might be interesting:

Quote:
A nice little PS Vita reveal coming up at 4.00pm GMT on PlayStation Blog for shoot 'em up fans...
(https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/st...26002412802048)
Edit: Turns out to be Velocity Ultra, a new version of the PS Mini with new graphics and stuff: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...a-for-ps-vita/

Quote:
And while we're in Tease Mode, we'll have news on a much requested PS Vita title at 2.00pm too.
https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/st...28569863712769
Edit: Turned out to be this: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...a-next-week-2/ meh.

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 01-11-2013 at 11:13 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
just finished the oddworld and man, i gotta say this is one of the best game on vita(i think ive said it earlier ) . for those vita owner that havent had a chance to play this, please just buy it because i know you'll enjoy it.
so, my final score for it = 8/10(a bit higher than IGN score :7.5 )
- presentation = 8
- graphics = 7.5
- sound = 7.5
- gameplay = 8.5
- story = 8
About how long is the game?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The original Velocity was the only Mini that I really liked. If the price is right (~$15), I'll buy the updated Vita version day one.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:14 PM
iPhone 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
just finished the oddworld and man, i gotta say this is one of the best game on vita(i think ive said it earlier ) . for those vita owner that havent had a chance to play this, please just buy it because i know you'll enjoy it.
so, my final score for it = 8/10(a bit higher than IGN score :7.5 )
- presentation = 8
- graphics = 7.5
- sound = 7.5
- gameplay = 8.5
- story = 8
Finished it yesterday, loved it, would give it an 8-9 score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
About how long is the game?
Took me 15:39H to Platinum it according to last save (1 playthrough on Hard).