★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

01-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Is it April yet or still January?

Loving the warmer than usual temps for mid January. Back to winter in a couple days is expected.

Congrats everyone on the limiteds and quick success on the Garnets. There is still plenty time left to get one or two this month. I got my first Garnet on the 4th or 5th and the 2nd in the Nursery now. Always great to see the special timer # that you are hoping for. I was so used to getting the normal 6 or 8 hour fails that I was pleasantly surprised to get the Garnets, was cruise breeding and not expecting the good luck.

I have a couple eggs to make (Platinum, Equinox and Apocalypse) over the weekend if nothing new is released today. Feeling like we may get a surprise update or new content loaded today since BFS has been quietly enjoying the limiteds extension. Waiting for another island and anticipating they will release an Epic shrine (rainbow, sun/moon, etc. shrines) sometime in the future. They keep coming up with creative surprises so I am looking forward to what they will add in the future. I have an island full of egg statues that will transform sometime into a picture but right now too many other priorities.

Have a great weekend!
01-11-2013, 12:06 PM
If they do make an epic shrine, I hope it doesn't level up in the same way the regular shrines did. That was so boring! And it would be very annoying to have to tie up breeding caves, making that many epic dragons.

I have been happy with most of the recent developments, except Bring Em Back, which has caused a lot of painfully long fails. So whatever they do next, I think it'll probably be an improvement.

01-11-2013, 01:58 PM
OMG....I cannot believe it. Second Garnet is cooking on the EPI directly after I finished the first one. That was back-to-back, 2 Garnets in a row. That's never happened to me before
01-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeneez View Post
OMG....I cannot believe it. Second Garnet is cooking on the EPI directly after I finished the first one. That was back-to-back, 2 Garnets in a row. That's never happened to me before
CONGRATS - very cool! Slim chance to get one, amazing to get two back to back! Both of mine were bred on the island also. No luck from the cave. Have not seen anything yet but heard some people are getting banners saying this weekend is the last weekend for the Limiteds.
01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTed View Post
CONGRATS - very cool! Slim chance to get one, amazing to get two back to back! Both of mine were bred on the island also. No luck from the cave. Have not seen anything yet but heard some people are getting banners saying this weekend is the last weekend for the Limiteds.
I got the notification about this weekend being it for the return of the limiteds. I'll be glad when it's over so I can focus on Garnet without fear of an Eclipse fail.
01-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Finally finished the shrines.
01-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpower View Post
O.M.G. In what may be the last final hrs or day, I just struck GOLD!
I used 12 gems to confirm and I'm ever so relieved to finally say I have a Gold egg now sitting in my nursery.

Thank you to my dear DV friends on here who kept encouraging me and sending good luck wishes even when you also no doubt wanted the limiteds to be over....you know who you are, thank you for thinking of me xx

I really hope that everyone now has their limited dragons, guessing I was the last (seems to be my DV modus-operandi)

Now I can focus on Garnet, I don't even care right now if I get a S/Eclipse
Congrats on your long awaited LY!!! The many fails finally paid off!
And just in time since BS announced that the Bring 'Em Back event will be gone after this weekend. Phew!
I do hope everyone got their Limiteds during this time! Good luck to anybody still trying~

Game Center ID: Aiera Kyoto

For simplicity, call me "Ai" or "AK"
01-11-2013, 06:46 PM
And congrats to those who got their Garnets! I saw people fuming over the Solar Eclipse fails on DV's Facebook page (and I think there are one or two here as well). Lucky!!

And good luck for those trying to get Garnets, we still have more than half of January so don't panic! ^^

Game Center ID: Aiera Kyoto

For simplicity, call me "Ai" or "AK"
01-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
It would gold my remaining silver shrines. I only need two Lightning and five or six Plant to finish the shrines so I'm definitely doing that first. I thought about crowning a dragon instead. I calculated how many coins it would take to buy enough food once and I believe it was a little less than one billion so I should have enough.

Why Forge? The earning rate?
Congrats on golding all your shrines. Did you use your billion to crown a dragon? I finally crowned the Forge dragon and it took me 12 days to do it (1,310,720 treats x 4). I chose Forge because it was named after me and the metal habitat holds the most coins (among non-epics) at 125,000. Now, I see the Forge dragon strutting his stuff all regal-like.

I may crown BackFlip's Paper dragon next.
01-12-2013, 04:09 AM
Happy new year everyone!!

Hope everyone had a good Xmas and new year!!

No garnet for me yet and just got my THIRD solar eclipse fail so that's one cave tied up for the weekend. I know we still have over half of January left but I would have liked at least one garnet by now

Congrats to everyone who got their missing dragons during the 'comeback' period!