Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
yep, sadly on our part. too many haters here complaining about dead trigger being a tech demo then a full game. no wonder they put so much effort to build their sequel on android first. maybe later on ios.
I donīt see anyone from Madfingers giving a damn about if someone is having a Problem with them or not. They probably even had one or two big laughs about what had happend last Year in the longer run...

They are probably yet not big enough to lift both Builds at the same time so instead they are focusing first on the Android Plattform and after that on the iOS One.

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-12-2013 at 06:00 AM..
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_dabinski View Post
You should be careful saying that kind of stuff around these areas.
Well, if I have a problem with the game then I'll tell the developers. If devs don't know what to improve, then better games don't get made.

Besides we didn't just have a problem with the game itself, but also with the pricing model bait-switch. You weren't here a year ago for the dead trigger threads. It was total mayhem, once a mod renamed the thread "dead trigger argument wasteland". People were so split 50/50 down the line whether the game was crap freemium bait and switch with repetitive, boring gameplay of whether you could just buy one IAP to get all the guns and then just enjoy the amazing graphics. I was with the latter until the freemium switch, then I couldn't stand the game.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
yep, sadly on our part. too many haters here complaining about dead trigger being a tech demo than a full game. no wonder they put so much effort to build their sequel on android first. maybe later on ios.
Well, to be honest, TA reviews lost credibility to me from this claim. Just because it isnt the FPS they were looking for doesnt mean they should call it incomplete.

I loved how Madfinger improved Dead Trigger over the months and im very looking forward to how DT2 will pan out.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:48 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Well, if I have a problem with the game then I'll tell the developers. If devs don't know what to improve, then better games don't get made.

Besides we didn't just have a problem with the game itself, but also with the pricing model bait-switch. You weren't here a year ago for the dead trigger threads. It was total mayhem, once a mod renamed the thread "dead trigger argument wasteland". People were so split 50/50 down the line whether the game was crap freemium bait and switch with repetitive, boring gameplay of whether you could just buy one IAP to get all the guns and then just enjoy the amazing graphics. I was with the latter until the freemium switch, then I couldn't stand the game.
People were unreasonably complaining about the controls and how the game was "too difficult" and it "forced" you too pay IAPs, which was far from being true.

And to be fair, the game did not change one bit after the price model change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Well, to be honest, TA reviews lost credibility to me from this claim. Just because it isnt the FPS they were looking for doesnt mean they should call it incomplete.
Same here, they've given better feedback to much worse games.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:16 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

You guys realize that reviews are an opinion piece, right? Not understanding that opinions can differ seems to be the universal core problem with Madfinger fans, and as such, this line of thinking infects these threads and creates the ridiculous amount of problems they cause.

So, to reiterate, as this fact is lost on so many here: Reviews are opinion, they're subjective, and reflect how the author felt about the game. That opinion is not absolute fact, nor does it negate or otherwise invalidate the way you feel about a video game. I feel like the sooner you guys learn and understand this, the better, as I seriously cannot imagine how this rationale will be applied to things that actually matter in the real world.

It's kind of scary to think about.

All this talk of credibility just further reinforces how apparent the complete blatant lack of understanding of what a review actually is.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:27 AM
Banned

Reviews are opinion pieces, but only to a certain extent. I have a long rebuttal to write and will do so once I get to my pc.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Therefore you must accept the fact that people will debate against an opinion they don't agree with, not expect for them to accept it, or what are forums made for? Although it is true some people will cross the line of respect when they address others, it's not the case in this thread.

Thus asking for people to not express their opinion so another opinion remains unquestioned seems a bit contradictory.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to 2133

Dead trigger 2 should be pretty darn fun.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I loved how Madfinger improved Dead Trigger over the months and im very looking forward to how DT2 will pan out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
You guys realize that reviews are an opinion piece, right? Not understanding that opinions can differ seems to be the universal core problem with Madfinger fans, and as such, this line of thinking infects these threads and creates the ridiculous amount of problems they cause.
So, to reiterate, as this fact is lost on so many here: Reviews are opinion, they're subjective, and reflect how the author felt about the game. That opinion is not absolute fact, nor does it negate or otherwise invalidate the way you feel about a video game. I feel like the sooner you guys learn and understand this, the better, as I seriously cannot imagine how this rationale will be applied to things that actually matter in the real world.
It's kind of scary to think about.
All this talk of credibility just further reinforces how apparent the complete blatant lack of understanding of what a review actually is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
Therefore you must accept the fact that people will debate against an opinion they don't agree with, not expect for them to accept it, or what are forums made for? Although it is true some people will cross the line of respect when they address others, it's not the case in this thread.
Thus asking for people to not express their opinion so another opinion remains unquestioned seems a bit contradictory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_dabinski View Post
Reviews are opinion pieces, but only to a certain extent. I have a long rebuttal to write and will do so once I get to my pc.
All of these posts are about as relevant to this upcoming as nothing.
Keep it on topic.
Cut out the rubbish from before, nobody cares about it anymore or wants to go over an already dead topic again.

So I'll again just say can you keep it on topic. If you want to discuss review procedures, the state of the relationship between Madfinger and Eli, what a review is (fact, objective, subjective, whatever) you can set up a thread in general discussion for it.

For anything related to Dead Trigger 2 (effects, gameplay, release date, development progress, wish list, etc.) here is fine.

The original Dead Trigger has its own thread so if you want another argument on it, go back there. No one in Madfinger really cares about all the previous stuff as I suspect no one in TA cares about it that much either.

Each of you needs to simply forget about it or focus it on a thread where its relevant, not on one where it has no relevance as things stand right now.

Edit. Essentially I'm asking you guys to, please, keep it on topic. Thanks.

Last edited by Rip73; 01-13-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

what you think on what apple idevice will work Dead trigger 2?

Closed Thread