Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-12-2013, 04:00 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.ph...ipads-a6x.html

This is pathetic on nVidia's part. I am so, so glad to be an iOS gamer.

Quote:
In the benchmark Egypt HD, the Tegra 4 reached 32.6 FPS, while the iPad 4 comes up with 52 FPS. The Nexus 10 achieved 36 FPS.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post

Wow.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbruu View Post

this is pathetic on nvidia's part. I am so, so glad to be an ios gamer.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I was counting on them. Die in agony nvidia!!!

Last edited by Ravensword Lover; 01-12-2013 at 07:04 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 07:40 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
I think I have less than 100 apps. No clue how you would use 600+ and still have time for work, leisure activities, hobbies, relationships, keeping in shape (not trying to imply that you have no life, though), etc. There's just no way you can need all 600, how about deleting half and basking in the glorious performance boost? You will thank me TRUST ME! Besides if you have access to wifi then just redownload as needed. So simple, keeps your iPad unbloated.

And yes I can confirm that asphalt looks much better than it did on my iPad 3, I think it's running at full retina. Still can't stand the game after playing something with actual physics like NFS though.
lol That was a back handed comment if ever i saw one, while i agree 600+ is a bit overkill, its nice to have a good selection to choose from without all the fuss. So work/leisure activities/hobbys/relationships doesnt really come into it. My 64gb 4s has about 13gb free but ive got everything i want on there and still space for new stuff.

Never had any slowdown issues from using my memory to the max.

Last edited by BruteOutlawz; 01-12-2013 at 07:45 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 07:53 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteOutlawz View Post
lol That was a back handed comment if ever i saw one, while i agree 600+ is a bit overkill, its nice to have a good selection to choose from without all the fuss. So work/leisure activities/hobbys/relationships doesnt really come into it. My 64gb 4s has about 13gb free but ive got everything i want on there and still space for new stuff.

Never had any slowdown issues from using my memory to the max.
I was exaggerating. Looking back, I'm sure we all have things we've said that make us facepalm.

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-12-2013 at 08:00 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yeah, well according to these rumours, the ipad 5 is supposed to be much thinner and lighter with a frame more like the ipad mini (smaller bevels). You're right about not seeing prototypes of the casing being leaked out the the press like it was for the ipad mini.

Can't imagine it being released in march, but with the sudden change of cpu companies, maybe they could be forced to expedite the release. It's just weird to see all these articles lately. It is kind of weird. I too like you am skeptical of the rumours, but wonder why there are so many news articlles from fairly credible websites about it. Kinda strange.
Well, I'll add to this.
There will be no iPad 5 or iPad mini 2 in March.

What all these new rumours and analysis and articles (with essentially nothing to back them up) is pure speculation.
If its based on anything real, its that prototypes of the next generation of each device (iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, iPhone mini) are being built and tested and showing up in some app logs on Cupertino campus. That's it. And as to which of the prototypes will make production hasn't even been signed off on yet.
Production has not started on a new iPad range and for it to launch in March, production would be well under way by now. And even at that, you're still looking at minor (ish) internal upgrades to each.
Forget about it until about sept/nov for iPad at least. iPhone will be a bit earlier than last year but not by much.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Well, I'll add to this.
There will be no iPad 5 or iPad mini 2 in March.

What all these new rumours and analysis and articles (with essentially nothing to back them up) is pure speculation.
If its based on anything real, its that prototypes of the next generation of each device (iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, iPhone mini) are being built and tested and showing up in some app logs on Cupertino campus. That's it. And as to which of the prototypes will make production hasn't even been signed off on yet.
Production has not started on a new iPad range and for it to launch in March, production would be well under way by now. And even at that, you're still looking at minor (ish) internal upgrades to each.
Forget about it until about sept/nov for iPad at least. iPhone will be a bit earlier than last year but not by much.
What are your predictions, if any, for the iPad 5 beyond thinner design? Or is it just to early to say anything.

Think the A7 will launch with the iPad 5/iPhone 5s, or they'll just bump the clock speed as even nVidia doesn't have anything on their premier chipset yet? I predict the iPad Mini will get at least the A5X, but it will always be below the iPad/iPhone lines.

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-12-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:

I wouldn't put any emphasis on those figures just yet, there's too many question marks about it.
I think I'll wait until its optimised properly to from any opinion.
Quote:
"They indicate that the optimization of hardware and software hasn't been finished yet."

Last edited by Rip73; 01-12-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 09:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
I wouldn't put any emphasis on those figures just yet, there's too many question marks about it.
I think I'll wait until its optimised properly to from any opinion.
Quote:
"They indicate that the optimization of hardware and software hasn't been finished yet."
Of course. But I just find it pretty darn interesting, especially when all the android techies have been bragging recently about how the T4 is the new big boy in town and it scores about half of the PowerVR chipset.

Considering the general state of optimization across android devices though? I'm not too sure how much the score will really rise. Suffice it to say that I'm now pretty skeptical when Madfinger will inevitably tell us that Dead Trigger 2 gets all the fancy effects on Android but not iOS because the A6 isn't powerful enough.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Rip, actually I trust your words more than many because of our past conversations. I actually hope for a November launch, anything sooner, and it will be rushed out.

Everyone else, picture of Wild Blood on my tv and new ipad. Notice how much better it looks on the tv. While the pure resolution is a little better on the new ipad, the tv beats this by far with better colors, contrast, brightness, and real estate.

Add to that, a Gameloft duo gamer bluetooth wireless joystick, you get an awesome console. Much funner to me than my old xbox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (319.7 KB, 24 views)