Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.x

The game looks great! Hope to get it on my device soon
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashear View Post
Our goal is to make awesome game but not self-advertising...

You should check the game concept: the main idea of it is in creating the adventure story with atmosphere of different blockbusters.
The choice of Star Wars design was based on overwhelming majority of votes in Facebook group devoted to the game, and there's more parody and jest than rip-off. As we know it doesn't violate any copyright laws. Otherwise, if you have any other info or you know where to get it please share with us. I think it would be interesting not only for us but for other people,too.
I'm not really sure you can shrug off the copyright thing so easily. Also copyright works differently around the world, some countries have non and some have very strict laws. It may not be disney that complains, it could well be angry birds that kicks up a fuss as they pay a lot of money for that licence. For one of my apps I could not use starwars even as a search keyword or even star wars. It's very cheap for them to send a cease and desist letter. ultimately it's a jury that decide if your artwork matches to closely with starwars.

On the up side this will only happen if you get very high in the charts.

Have you actually spoken to a international copyright lawyer?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to slashear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
I'm not really sure you can shrug off the copyright thing so easily. Also copyright works differently around the world, some countries have non and some have very strict laws. It may not be disney that complains, it could well be angry birds that kicks up a fuss as they pay a lot of money for that licence. For one of my apps I could not use starwars even as a search keyword or even star wars. It's very cheap for them to send a cease and desist letter. ultimately it's a jury that decide if your artwork matches to closely with starwars.

On the up side this will only happen if you get very high in the charts.

Have you actually spoken to a international copyright lawyer?
Hello ThreeCubes,

thank you a lot for your question.

We didn't spoke to lawyer yet, but we will speak definitely. And of course we don't want to violate any copyrights.
And we have few options still. So, we can make them not similar as much as possible or we can make something new and still amazing
Old 02-09-2013, 06:00 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.x

BTW, what's about Android 2.3? Is it supported?