Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Ninjaboy292

Ninjaboy292 Member

Jan 4, 2013
    That helps a lot, thanks

2. Ninjaboy292

Ninjaboy292 Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Flight crew

Is it possible for anyone to let me join their flight crew? I kinda need one to join so I can get... stuff.

If yes please post the name or email me [email protected]

Thanks, Ninjaboy292 and Darkdeathknight

3. Batdive

Batdive Member

Dec 21, 2012

Join the one most of the active forum members are on #toucharcade1

Make sure to add yourself to the spreadsheet that is in some of the members signatures

4. thefantasyicon

thefantasyicon Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Dan thanks for the reply...still want to know what that gold box is! Add me too, thefantasyicon.

5. MacSym42

MacSym42 Active Member

Jan 3, 2013
    France
    #12185 MacSym42, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    New Bux collecting strategie.

I want to try a "new" strategie for me instead of the bux train.

In fact it is a mix between the pairs airports and Merlion's strategie.

• My cities will be :
    Nome, Anchorage, Juneau, LA, CHI, NY for the US, Istanbul,and SEO, TOK, JAK, Darwin, Rockhampton, Wellington for the Asia/Australia.

• I will have one Cyclone M in LA-CHI-NY-SEO-TOK-JAK, sitting and collecting bux jobs. When P or C is full, I switch between CHI/NY and SEO/TOK. If a plane in LA or JAK is full, I send it to the two others cities of the continent to concentrate the bux jobs to the opposite continent in the two others cities because LA and JAK will be the hub layovers for the class 1 airports of their continents.

• The translatlantics planes will be also Cyclones M. They will do this traject : for example it go from NY, I fill the planes with random bux jobs to the opposite continent : I send it on to Istanbul, Seoul, Tokyo without stop, then stop at Jakarta where I unload all jobs as layovers. After that, it go back to Seoul or Tokyo and do the same thing but to US.

• The class 1 planes (will be SK and Mapples) fly from LA and JAK to the class 1 airport to deliver the bux jobs, and sometimes sit in the C1 airport to collect some green jobs).

So I will have 7 C3 airports and 6 C1 airports, with I think around 20 planes to support this strategie (6 Cyclones M as bux sitters, 8 transaltlantics planes (also Cyclones M) and 6 SK/Mapples (3 per continent) ).

In this setup, the minimum value of the bux job to the opposite continent is 8.
    There are only 6 bux collecting planes so I can fill them easily by open/close a random C1 city 0.0M populated on the map if I want.

What do you think about that ? Please feel free to comment and help me to improve this configuration :) Thanks

PS : Sorry for my bad english :D

6. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    They finally flew the coop.

Attached Files:

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    It feels a bit crowded in the sky

Attached Files:

8. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Son of a ... That's a lot of planes

9. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    I thought mine was a bit crowded until I saw that..

Attached Files:

10. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    My thoughts exactly! LOL

Too funny! Love the coordinating paint jobs too :)

11. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Well, got into this event a little late...deciding between going all out on this event or just doing a few hundred or so jobs.

12. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Is this a glitch?

Lately I've been noticing that I can speed my Cyclones from New York to London for 1 bux? Usually it's like 10+ Bux to speed across the ocean? Has anyone else noticed this?

13. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    I know if they aren't loaded its less bux to speed up.

14. Number1Ump

Number1Ump Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Arkansas
    Holy cow!!!!! I've got the plane slots but just seem to fill them as quickly even with advertising. :eek:

15. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    How cool would it be to someday have a fleet of, say, 20 Concordes for global events? You could get so many jobs done just because they are so fast! I say that as I eye my Sequoias slowly churn their way across the Atlantic...

16. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    That's it, thank you. They are empty in that case.

17. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    You can boost an empty plane back to its destination for 1 bux. It was Vic who mentioned this in the forum way back. Handy during global events.

18. echastain1977

echastain1977 Member

Jan 10, 2013
    ATL
    Yay!

Finally to 50 jobs with my Navi P and Wallaby C! Go TA1

19. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Flysher's BUX/coin strat

I've been wanting to post my personal strategy in pocket planes for a long time but finally got around to it tonight (too much to type on a phone!)

First off, a disclaimer. I have not really read up on many of the other strategies used by other players too much, so if mine copies someone else's I apologize.

This is just a method I have found successful in generating 500 - 1000 bux per day + positive coin flow with moderate play.

First off, my setup. I currently run 13 class 3 airports all upgraded to the max. They are;

LA, Lima, Chicago, NY, Paris, Kinshasa, Istanbul, Tehran, Jakarta, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, and Tokyo. I use a wheel and spoke method with Paris as my central hub.

My fleet consists of 24 plane slots at the moment. Each airport other than Paris has a dedicated bux sitter, in form of a Sequoia M fully upgraded, painted green, and named after the city + the role. For example, LAXB, LIMB, NYCB, ( LA bux, Lima bux, NY bux, you get the idea). This allows me to always know where an aircraft belongs if it's out of base.

Each cycle I move through all the bux sitters and load 2+bux jobs depending on the city. I try to only load higher bux jobs from the endpoints since they are typically higher value loads, hence more potential in the end. I'll typically wait until an airplane is loaded with around 6 - 10 jobs, depending on the overall fleets uniformity in loads, and then fill the rest with Paris jobs or the next highest paying city. I then fly the plane to Paris. Sometimes I break even, sometimes I take a loss. I don't worry too much about losses, as the second half of my strat supplies positive coin flow overall at the end of the day. I should also mention that typically I have all bux planes airborne and meeting in Paris at the same time. ( I call it city meet, a reference to a similar operation at an old flying job I had :D) If intermediate stops along the way allow a bux drop off, I have the plane pass through that city.

Once in Paris I first offload ALL jobs from the 12 bux sitters. I typically end up with between 50 and 60 layovers, all bux. Once they are all unloaded, I reload each respective plane with as many bux + coin jobs to its home base as possible, filling blank slots with the next highest paying cities along the route, and send them off. The numbers vary, but today I did this 'city meet' twice, and gained over 800 bux from just 2 meets.

The only problem with this so far has been layovers exceeding the 60 limit. I have considered opening London as an overflow base, and possibly running a seaknight or two between airports to transfer jobs if necessary.

The second part of my strategy is rather simple... it involves 9 cyclones with max upgrade ( except for speed) running routes between different endpoints. For example, I have a jet in Jakarta and Lima, named JAK1 and LIM1 respectively, that only run jobs back and forth between those 2 airports. The exception here is for global events like today, I instead run jobs to the event city. I also have 2 cloudliners dedicated to a Tokyo > Chicago route. Cities that have multiple routes are just labeled sequentially, LAX1, LAX2, LAX3, each running to a different eastern Asian city. I then have a jet in each Asian city, (SHQ1, BEI1, etc) that runs jobs to the US, typically LA but sometimes Chicago if I see a good load.

I like this strategy because it is organized, in that I know where each plane belongs at any given point, and it generates coins each day.

Anyway I'm on day 1 of the flu and tired of staring at this screen... hopefully this strategy is well received by all of you, also please feel free to make suggestions for me!

Flysh'

20. thefantasyicon

thefantasyicon Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I did but was hoping to keep that tidbit as private info! :eek: