Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Old 01-12-2013, 08:09 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

In my experience profanity is rather loosely regulated. I get in trouble if, for instance, I were to right now call you an a$$hole or some other personal insult.

The f bomb is automatically filtered, it shows like this 💩💩💩💩.

The S word is rather loose; I've seen Sanuku, Eli and a few mods use it.

Any sexual profanity is pretty taboo.

"Damn" and "hell" both really aren't profanity.

Mods and members accuse each other of "bitching" every once in a while, you probably won't get in trouble for that as long as you aren't purposely trying to be venomous.

That's what I've gathered in my time here. I'm sure each mod has a slighly different set of standards. Case in point: I've seen square use the f bomb with the asterisk, psj seems to have more rigid bent.

But really, TA is a very clean and family-friendly place. Why encourage profanity?

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-12-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Banned

Yeah, lol, just thinking back, I am sure I'd have been banned if I call iDevices "shitware" (or at the very least given a tough reprimand). Thoroughly unbecoming of the site admin to call Android just that.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_dabinski View Post
Yeah, lol, just thinking back, I am sure I'd have been banned if I call iDevices "shitware" (or at the very least given a tough reprimand). Thoroughly unbecoming of the site admin to call Android just that.
If you keep harping on that you might get in trouble anyways. Syntheticvoid put it very well in the GotY thread IMO.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
If you keep harping on that you might get in trouble anyways. Syntheticvoid put it very well in the GotY thread IMO.
Ok well that's the last I mention it then.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM
iPhone 4

Thanks Red1 for the pm. I think that would be helpful about letting new mods at least know why someone's post is edited thru either a pm or an added line to the post. That's what the mods do on other forums that I frequent to
Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
As the newest mod here, I feel compelled to say something. I know you're not implying it, but this can't possibly be me. If a post breaks the TA rules, is inappropriate or just simply shouldn't be there, I'll flat-out delete it and take further action if needed...but I won't tamper with what's being said in any posts (other than, as mentioned above, altering expletives and censor bypasses). That's just retarded.
Yeah, it was a bit of a one-off. I can't even remember exactly what I'd said, I commented on a positive aspect of a game being marred by a negative, then with the negative part removed it gave my post the impression I was happy with the game when really I wasn't. I don't mind getting modded if it's deemed inappropriate, but I would rather have had the entire post removed and been notified, then I could have a go at rewording it in a more forum-friendly manner