Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-15-2013, 10:53 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Reality - what a concept

I am a requirements software engineer in avionics, Basically I help create the new planes that companies fly. I was a part of the Dreamliner (787) design and creation and now am a part of the team creating the C919 aircraft for the Chinese aviation community. So normally have almost no time during the day and then go home and try to get some time to do PP around the 11 out of 13 kids plus a grandchild that need to be taken care of.
Finally recovering from the flu that swept through the family, been sick for 6 days..... nasty little bug.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Harmoniamundi

I'm the supervisor at a school for children with special needs. My second hat is managing the educational technology for the school. My third hat is being a violinist in several symphonies. I also have three young children. I have no idea how I have time to play this game, but when I'm tired, I literally have no energy to do anything else, so I guess that is when I fit it in.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Looking for a sea knight engine. Anyone have a spare?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightlynorth View Post
I work for a certain international coffee company that happens to be based out of Seattle. I'm an IT nerd in the corporate offices.
IT nerd, who would have guessed
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightlynorth View Post
I work for a certain international coffee company that happens to be based out of Seattle. I'm an IT nerd in the corporate offices.
i work as a network engineer for a large multinational.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPenguin17 View Post
Looking for a sea knight engine. Anyone have a spare?
You got it
TA1 gift
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
You got it
TA1 gift

Thanks buddy.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
You got it
TA1 gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPenguin17 View Post
Thanks buddy.
this is so what I enjoy about TA1 and this forum... Gifts freely given as we seem to be a pay-it-forward community.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrichards92 View Post
this is so what I enjoy about TA1 and this forum... Gifts freely given as we seem to be a pay-it-forward community.
I so need an I Phone!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:27 PM
iPhone 4S, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlePage View Post
Just read those 2 posts. My 2 bux:

1. He/she should take a look at our forum and resources. Or google around for some tips/strategies (which is how I found this forum). Actually, almost all the games that I've played have some kind souls who have put up walkthroughs/tips/guides.
No argument. Lots to learn here.

Now for the fact that I really liked the article for it clearly pointed out that PP simply appeals to a different demographic in terms of age, preference, time & personality.

Age: I can imagine a youngish child playing TT or PF but can't see him getting anything but frustrated playing PP. I can definitely see teenagers & adults having the knowledge & patience to define a strategy & test it out but I can also see many dropping by the wayside.

Preference: TT, like PF, is a low to no frustration or risk game. They present little if any confusion & have a colorful, fun interface & game play. I began both games without reading any FAQs & enjoying the experience. Very small learning curve.

Time: If you don't build a floor in TT or stock your stores right away, no biggie. Same with PF. PP, IMO, requires a greater attention to detail & amount of time to make any meaningful progress. And lots of mistakes along the way, as the analysis pointed out. I made most of them!

Personality: I see PP appealing to a more competitive bunch, indeed the game is set up specifically to highlight & appeal to those qualities in the player!

Back when the NB announced this game, what resonated with me was the most advanced poster on the TA PF Forum said, "Not for me!" And you know what? She doesn't play. You'd think a NB devotee would gravitate to any new game they released but she, & others as pointed out in the article, felt it diverged too much from what they enjoyed about PF & TT games: relative simplicity, non-punitive game play.

I learned the game because I was still assisting people on the NB Forum & I felt I needed to at least learn the basics. But for that, I most likely would have taken a pass. I definitely see myself in the "casual player" the author describes.

Although I don't agree with some of the stuff he proposes (limiting choices, not showing planes you can't get, etc.), I do feel that his article has validity in terms of comparing the two games & showing how some people who loved earlier NB games, might not like this one. No one game is the best, they're simply different.

Feel free to disagree.

My 2 bux