Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Love the game but I'm getting really frustrated with how quickly it "resets" after being minimised. I've had quite a few games where I've gone back after only being away for an hour or so and it's lost all of my progression in a dungeon. Howabout incorporating a "continue dungeon" feature or something? I don't always have the time to play through an entire life in one sitting, especially now that my paladin is getting more powerful.

(apologies if this has been mentioned before, don't have time to go back over the whole thread right now)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:36 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by idub76 View Post
Love the game but I'm getting really frustrated with how quickly it "resets" after being minimised. I've had quite a few games where I've gone back after only being away for an hour or so and it's lost all of my progression in a dungeon. Howabout incorporating a "continue dungeon" feature or something? I don't always have the time to play through an entire life in one sitting, especially now that my paladin is getting more powerful.

(apologies if this has been mentioned before, don't have time to go back over the whole thread right now)
He plans to add a save feature in the next update.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosenbach View Post
There is the arenas that pop up occasionally, which is a special floor loaded with monsteras and a nice reward at the end for clearing.
I was thinking of something a bit more involved, but yes.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM

I, too, have temporarily suspended my playing of the game until new update to support game save is out.

I got bitten when I "minimized" the game at dungeon level 54 because I wanted to take a break (I was under heavy attack; those ranged attack is driving me nuts). I then opened another app to do something else, and the iPhone closed my game because it was running low in memory. I lost the game (the game took many, many hours), before I got a chance to grab a screenshot to post here.

So very very mad...

Because the game has so much random elements, it is very very hard to be able to reproduce a good run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idub76 View Post

Old 01-14-2013, 07:44 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
He plans to add a save feature in the next update.
Awesome, good to hear!

y2kmp3, I feel your pain
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Made it to level 50 with a high score of 81750! That was intense. At one point I earned over 400 health.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Fine point -- this game is not a 'Rogue-Like' IMO. It does have similarities to 'rogue-likes' -- dungeon theme, explore, find items, etc. & Your guy will def die.

But the reason I don't see it as rogue-like is:
It's a strategic game. The screen is the room, can't go beyond, no exploration. No rooms/hallways, everything is a grid. Inventory mgmt is limited. Classes are limited. Level advancement mechanic is purchased w/gold (skill books). No digging, identifying, no door-bashing. No super-loot.

Anyway, just a finer point.

I like this game, see it has potential. It was a good buy: nice art, music, gameplay. Despite my annoyance w/everything being 'gold'-based, there is a lot of freshness here.

Particularly interesting -- no upside to killing monsters, only 'heart-point' loss. Better to avoid. Enemies are merely obstacles to be bypassed, no exp mechanic or 'loot drop'. Gold, HP, spells, & loot all 'discovered' -- this is probably closer to the actual 'fantasy world' concept than RPG's as 'mass slaughter for loot & exp' paradigm.

Looking forward to more classes, some integrated 'HELP' (ie what's INIT? What is critical skill? Are they happening in background?), and a way to review Monster descriptions AND my char's starting abilities during a dungeon dive.

Last, but not least -- is the game name sound like 'dung +eee Loot' or 'dung a lot' or 'dunj a lot' or ...? The name is ... not very good. Luckily the game IS good!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 PM

Me, too, about the health point. But when it can also disappear so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Made it to level 50 with a high score of 81750! That was intense. At one point I earned over 400 health.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
...but Game Center does not reflect that high score (yet); if it did I'd be in 40th on leaderboard but it still shows my earlier height of 63,xxx for some reason?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Pixeye any posibility that the 4S version and up could run like the pc version? i was trying the pc version and feel so much smooth that the ios at least on the 4s