Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-17-2013, 04:41 PM

The current idea is that Valhalla will consist of Dragons in sets of 5 and you collect from a set every x hours and like DragonVale you can collect partial rewards before it hits the cap. The more dragons in a set the faster the rate/the more coins the set can hold ready for you to collect.

Also it's going to be landscape rather than portrait and serve as kind of a trophy case for all the dragons you've collected. Right now treasures and hearts don't factor into Valhalla, you just need them to get there, but we're thinking about introducing something maybe in the future!

But first things first, we've got to get Guilds out the door and try to get some organic installs and get our 8-bit pack out and see if players like the game enough to buy something!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 PM

ARGGH. Our new build just got rejected by Apple cause we had our new 8-Bit Dragon/gem pack set to consumable rather than non-consumable... It'll be another week for that update, but we'll go worldwide shortly after that!

On the upside, we worked this week on some improvements to the flow and it's feeling sooo much better. Now you can tap the suitcase icon above a dragon's head and send them off on their highest heart trip without going in the menu and when they come back you only have to tap them if they found a treasure or gem, otherwise they will start barfing automatically! Excited to get this next build out!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 AM
iPhone 4

Wow that's a bummer! But didn't know you guys were releasing an update so soon. Sounds like one after the other! So was the flow improvement included in the update with the new dragon? Or is that a separate one? If it is, anything else included with the dragon update?

I was wondering how you guys were going to do a one-tap job, but that way sounds awesome! One thing I would like to say is that personally I usually go for the top dream item jobs, not necessarily the last job. So I'd love it if you were able to favourite a job and then every time you click the suitcase, it'll do that job. And if there's not enough hearts, they'll just automatically sleep. I know I should try it before saying anything, but that's just what I'm thinking.

Also, I know it's still a long way off, but tell me you guys don't plan on just getting rid of all the equipment once they're sent to Valhalla!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM

All the stuff that was in the last update (8-bit dragon, guilds, gifting) will be rolled into the next submission! It's gonna be a big 'un! That's gonna be the build that we push worldwide! So fingers crossed we get through this time.

I like the favorite job idea, I'll keep that in the back of my head!

Not sure yet what will happen with gear when you go to valhalla, we want to do something cool eventually especially with artifacts and dream treasures, but we might just keep it simple for the first pass and get fancier later on.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM
iPhone 4

That's awesome! Can't wait for the new update. I was excited for the last one, but it seemed like it was more balancing. This one actually has new mechanics and dragons, so I'm really excited for it!

I just hope that my gear isn't used as an offering to get into Valhalla. A lot of time was spent crafting them! haha.

I was thinking about a cool way to have another gem-sink would be to have a timed (daily? weekly?) item available in the store for a few gems each (maybe 7 for the first since you get two back, then +1 gem for each extra you buy). This would definitely help us get items to level 10, and to get the specific item for a bit more gems than using the chests. And I'd still really like the little exclamation mark on menu button to go away unless a fuse spot is open!

I also think a small daily bonus is a good way to get people to come back everyday. I know you guys have a lot on your plates, but I just like suggesting things before I forget them. Haha.

PS. I'd love a Mechadragon as the next premium dragon.

Last edited by xbtran; 01-28-2013 at 09:53 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 01:31 PM

Ya Mechadragon! I think we've got some concepts for a robot dragon too!

We just submitted yesterday, so fingers crossed, I expect we'll hear next Monday on approval. Yep! That fusion exclamation is on our radar too, it definitely could be better.

We're gonna do a quick build and get incentivized video ads in, probably similar to Hay Day if you've seen them there. You'll get a special visitor and he'll give you an offer to watch a video and get a gem. Then after that, we'll digging into Valhalla!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 PM

Here's sneak peak EXCLUSIVE for you guys of the 8-Bit Dragon:

Plus, all his animations are 8-bit, including his coin barf!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:08 AM
iPhone 4

Haha he looks awesome. 8-bit items as well?! Can't wait to have him. Just about have everyone to lvl 10, so it'll be a little easier for me to grt him up.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 PM

We're in review! Fingers crossed!

@xbtran How many hearts do the majority of your dragons have? I've got to start balancing how many hearts it will take to send a Dragon off to Valhalla and that would be some great data!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:26 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwagner View Post
We're in review! Fingers crossed!

@xbtran How many hearts do the majority of your dragons have? I've got to start balancing how many hearts it will take to send a Dragon off to Valhalla and that would be some great data!
The majority of them are over 100 hearts. 17 pf them to be exact. My dragon with the lowest heart has 80, while the highest has 145. I can give you exact numbers of all of them later tn if thats something that might help out!

I think 100 hearts is fair. The hard thing to balance would be what is done with the items after. If theyre kept, it'll be easy to get everyone there. If theyre sacrificed, I'm sure a lot of players including myself would be upset. So thats the biggest problem!