Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Help me!How to make my daughter happy?

The Christmas holiday has passed,my six years old daughter had bad mood, I hope she is very happy every day. Between the holiday I had bought iPad 2 for her,and download some apps for her, but she just likes few story apps, please tell me some apps for her? I found the boy and the girl are not the same,she doesn’t like game as Angry birds,she likes app that has good story and beautiful scene , similar to ”winter forest ” ,tell me some app like this.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrousmile View Post
The Christmas holiday has passed,my six years old daughter had bad mood, I hope she is very happy every day. Between the holiday I had bought iPad 2 for her,and download some apps for her, but she just likes few story apps, please tell me some apps for her? I found the boy and the girl are not the same,she doesn’t like game as Angry birds,she likes app that has good story and beautiful scene , similar to ”winter forest ” ,tell me some app like this.
Please do not spoil your young daughter with an iPad/iPhone/laptop etc. I understand you want to see her happy, but doing this will only have repercussions later on in life.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_dabinski View Post
Please do not spoil your young daughter with an iPad/iPhone/laptop etc. I understand you want to see her happy, but doing this will only have repercussions later on in life.
Giving his daughter a gift is going to have repercussions? STFU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrousmile View Post
This seemed like a good list. A lot of variety. Not just games, but educational and creative options as well.

http://techland.time.com/2012/09/04/top-25-ipad-apps-for-kids/slide/more-lists/
Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCREE View Post
Giving his daughter a gift is going to have repercussions? STFU.

This seemed like a good list. A lot of variety. Not just games, but educational and creative options as well.

http://techland.time.com/2012/09/04/...de/more-lists/
How old is she? It's hard to recommend apps without an age..

But theres this app called: iornament
it's free right now, there's also a lite version so make sure you get the full version while its free.
It's like a drawing app but its like special effects.. It's really fun to play around with.. I love it, and I'm an adult, but my niece loves it too.. It's one of those apps everyone enjoys I think.
It's really easy to use, just draw on the screen and it magically makes an awesome kaleidoscope effect.
Liquidsketch would have been great, it was just free the other day.. If your willing to pay $2 it's great, my 5 year old niece absolutely is addicted to it too, and myself.

Last edited by Tannorexic; 01-15-2013 at 02:45 AM..
Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_dabinski View Post
Going through some tough times, eh leo?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

I don't know about apps with good stories, but many girls this age like dressing up games, so maybe that's worth a try too. There are tons of them in the App Store, and if you find one, you'll see many others like them in the "customers who bought this also bought..." section. I don't have any specific app to recommend, but just search for "dressing up" in the app store and there are many hits. Many of those apps are free with IAP to unlock the whole game (I don't think those apps usually have consumable IAP, just to unlock, and often the free part is fun enough for a short time). There are also games like "cake maker" where she can design beautiful cakes. At 6, she probably also still likes anything from Toca Boca. It's also fun to have games to play together like Bloop and OLO.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

There was a storybook that was free recently called Vixes hd that was pretty good. A storybook with puzzles. Check to see if it is free still. But it might work for you.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
What are you on about ? Dont be stupid

My daughters just turned 2 and loves playing on the baby apps (Peppa pig), its great shes able to use her finger to control certain apps. Just like with older children, its fine as long as you dont let them on computers 24/7

When i was at school in the summer holidays we played football and played on our computers, some kids came back to school after the break looking like a ghost as they were white, hadnt seen any sun as they were in their bedroom 24/7 on their computer - not good.

But later repercussions later on in life ? Dont talk nonsense

Is he somehow saying that he is suffering from those repercussions now? Well, maybe he's just trolling.

Anyway, as far as I know my female young cousins and my niece, they love Hidden Object games - Big Fish has a giant collection of that. I just would avoid the spooky ones. They also love to play time management games - and there are lots of them in the Appstore. And maybe the new Wake The Cat game will do.
Kids love stories. So maybe the OP should look out for a game, kind of RPG, that tells a story appropriate for the young girl.
Oh, and one of my cousins also loves match-3 games, especially this with the Kitten's Playground and the Aliens.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-15-2013 at 06:35 AM..
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I find that really insulting.
Err, IMHO staring at a backlit screen for a long time since very early in life will have consequences later on. Like, poor eyesight. (although the studies on this are contradictory - apparently video games are good for people with cataract...)

This is easily solved by limiting the amount of game time, though.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:43 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Err, IMHO staring at a backlit screen for a long time since very early in life will have consequences later on. Like, poor eyesight. (although the studies on this are contradictory - apparently video games are good for people with cataract...)

This is easily solved by limiting the amount of game time, though.
Agree with that, as i said earlier playing on games for long periods isnt good for you. Specially kids, again in the summer holidays we always did a lot of sport and a bit of computers (depending on the weather). My grandparents probably werent happy seeing us watch TV a lot when we were kids, staring at a screen for hours on end kinda thing.

But the poor guy initially just asked what apps were out there for young children, again i'm sure if they were so bad Apple wouldnt allow any.

Lecturing someone on the internet how to raise your kid isnt good. Good parents will know not to give their kids McDonalds, not go let them watch TV 7 hours a day or stare at an ipad for ages etc. Just common sense.