iPad: Voxel based endless psychedelic faller in 3D/60fps, with procedural terrain and music

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Voxel based endless psychedelic faller in 3D/60fps, with procedural terrain and music

Hello, longtime lurker here! I am an indie/amateur developer from Oslo, Norway, and ever since the ipad came out i wanted a cool flight sim for it, but to get the good fly-feeling, you need 60 frames per second for a really immersive experience, and no flight sim on the ipad can do that to my knowledge. I also like flying close to the terrain and i hate blocky textures. So i started to build one myself. That was four years ago, but i learned a lot on the way (with great thanks to the internet). Today i am ready to show the first gameplay-footage (captured from my ipad2) Hope you enjoy it, Touch Arcade (looks much better in 60 fps, but 30 fps is max on the internet alas):

Youtube link | Pop Up

Due to the extreme nature of this game (things are contiously generated on the fly), Ipad 1 is not supported. All other ipads are fine (it was developed on an ipad2), but the screen on the iphone is just too small for this kind of gameplay. Believe me, i have tried!

Any feedback is most welcome, I plan to release as soon as 6.1 is released, but i still need to do some small tuning. I also need a name for my baby. Any good ideas?

Disclaimer: I use the term "flight sim" loosely, what i mean is more the "feeling of flight" sim, but thats too long!