Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Thanks.
Quote:
Put a heart on the Cube and I'll love it. It's always good to have a cube as a companion .
I'll do it for you
Old 04-19-2012, 02:25 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Looks like Q.U.B.E. and Portal with Minecraftish graphics! Well i'm interested
Old 04-20-2012, 06:28 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Cool. I would like portal/minecraft game for ios!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Hi there! Thanks for feedback and sorry for delay!)
Cubez comes out in february, it's almost done
Here's last screenshots:

The game will be available in two versions: Full ($1.99) and Lite (Free).
For now the game runs on any device from iPhone 4s and above, but we are working to optimize the game for older devices.
I'll upload the gameplay trailer here soon.

Last edited by cwccgames; 01-15-2013 at 02:41 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Screenshots with new graphics:

The game is now running at 60 fps on powerful devices (iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and newer). Added retina display support for iPad 3/4.
Wait for the gameplay trailer tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:11 PM

😱😱😱😱😱
Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Hi all! I am pleasued to announce you that development of the web-version of the cubez is completed and you can play it on my stie: cwcc-games.info.
This game requires "Unity player".
Web-version contain 8 levels from the full game, but only before the iOS-version is coming to App Store. After that it will be replaced by the Lite-edition. iOS-version will be released in App Store on February 10.
Supported devices: iPod Touch 4g/5, iPhone 4/4s/5, and all generations of iPad.
I am 17, this is my first serious project, on the development of wich I spent more than a year. So now i'm waiting for objective critic and comments. Thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

del.

Last edited by cwccgames; 01-27-2013 at 03:14 PM..
Old 01-27-2013, 02:54 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

iOS version submitted to the App Store. The game is universal and it costs $1.99. Comes out on February 10.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwccgames View Post
Hi all! I am pleasued to announce you that development of the web-version of the cubez is completed and you can play it on my stie: cwcc-games.info.
This game requires "Unity player".
Web-version contain 8 levels from the full game, but only before the iOS-version is coming to App Store. After that it will be replaced by the Lite-edition. iOS-version will be released in App Store on February 10.
Supported devices: iPod Touch 4g/5, iPhone 4/4s/5, and all generations of iPad.
I am 17, this is my first serious project, on the development of wich I spent more than a year. So now i'm waiting for objective critic and comments. Thanks
The core mechanic used in the game is pretty good, with some polish this could turn out well.

By far my largest complaint is with the controls. Movement feels sluggish mostly due to taking too long to accelerate. For the mouse controls, the sensitivity was set way too high for me. Adding the ability to adjust the mouse sensitivity would be handy. Also, for the Unity Player, right click was not a good control choice since it brings up a menu and you lose control until you click on the window again. It'll be interesting to see what the controls are like for the iOS version.

Another, more minor complaint, is that the icons in the menu are not clear enough - other then "new" anyway.

Finally for the visuals. I don't mind the simple visuals, mostly (look at my current iOS project for evidence of that). However for 3D environments, a sense of "dimension" and "solidity" really help. I see a bunch of surfaces with the same texture and global lighting - it doesn't feel solid. There are a variety of ways to improve this, I'll talk about one option that should be very little work. If you add a simple directional light with shadow casting disabled, you can get the various faces to light up at different intensities at a global scale. You'll be able to tell the different between different walls and surfaces at a glance this way. In addition I'd strongly suggest using precomputed ambient occlusion to modulate your ambient light, this will darken up your corners and edges and give you a much greater sense of depth. Finally I would suggest adding some variety to your backgrounds - simple textures are fine. Even changing up the base color(s) alone between levels might be enough.

Anyway, I hope my criticisms didn't seem to harsh. Feel free to use whatever advice you feel applies to you.