★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

01-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by handintoaster View Post
Do you guys do all of the voice acting or do you hire voice actors?
Voice acting and localization is done by a third party studio (very specialized in that stuff). ^^
Final localization check is done by Apple.
01-15-2013, 01:38 PM
How much does it cost to make a game like forgotten memories?

01-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Yeah, plus the higher resolution.

As I recall the iPad 3 has the same GPU as the Vita but without the + after the MP4, so no 128mb of VRAM. The CPU doesn't really seem all that important, though, unless you're having a lot of enemies onscreen at a time.
There's a lot of interesting stuff you can do with more cores. For example in the PS3 you can even do image effects (full screen shaders) entirely on the CPU. Well, on the Vita more CPU can also means more logical calculations. I also use the CPU to avoid heavy calculations in the GPU. Ironic but when is really balanced you can get extra performance speed from the CPU. For example, our screen-noise effect uses the CPU to pass pre-baked data into the GPU (instead of doing everything on the GPU).
Something to take into account is that, when you do shaders, your GPU have to do all those calculation for every pixel on the screen (every frame) which means a lot while the CPU have only to do it once per frame. But isn't always like that, is a case by case scenario (depending on the desired effect you want to achieve, it's aproximation, etc).

Last edited by tatoforever; 01-15-2013 at 01:46 PM.
01-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
The thing I love about iOS is that we get to talk to and interact with developers.
^This
01-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by handintoaster View Post
How much does it cost to make a game like forgotten memories?
Omg, i don't even want to think all the money we've spend (which is a huge amount of money for a small studio). xD
All i can say is higher than half million $.
01-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
There's a lot of interesting stuff you can do with more cores. For example in the PS3 you can even do image effects (full screen shaders) entirely on the CPU. Well, on the Vita more CPU can also means more logical calculations. I also use the CPU to avoid heavy calculations in the GPU. Ironic but when is really balanced you can get extra performance speed from the CPU. For example, our screen-noise effect uses the CPU to pass pre-baked data into the GPU (instead of doing everything on the GPU).
Something to take into account is that, when you do shaders, your GPU have to do all those calculation for every pixel on the screen (every frame) which means a lot while the CPU have only to do it once per frame. But isn't always like that, is a case by case scenario (depending on the desired effect you want to achieve, it's aproximation, etc).
That actually makes a lot of sense.
01-16-2013, 02:28 AM
This game just blew. My. Mind.
01-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
FM was firstly intended for PC but when the mobile gaming exploded we saw an opportunity on it. Regarding consoles, It was really hard to get a console licenses being an indie dev back when FM was started. Now isn't a problem, Sony, MS and even Nintendo are more open to smaller developers. Though, our next target would be PSVita. We aren't sure yet if would be an enhanced port of the current version of FM, a sequel or an entire new game exclusive to Vita. That will mostly depends on Sony. Whatever that's going to be, you guys would be the first one to know it.
u should make a game like dead island or left 4 dead on ps vita or just port it it would be awesome too

Last edited by corvo attono; 01-16-2013 at 05:06 PM.
01-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvo attono View Post
u should make a game like dead island or left 4 dead on ps vita or just port it it would be awesome too
Probably the most random post this week.
01-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvo attono View Post
Or if Tato joined up with Activision and made a sequel to that zombie bowling app... it would be epic!

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-16-2013 at 08:51 PM.