Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

No one has ask the Dead Trigger Denegration Society Potentate his rating of DT1 I feel hurt.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
No one has ask the Dead Trigger Denegration Society Potentate his rating of DT1 I feel hurt.
Alright then

Mr. Dead Trigger Denegration Society Potentate, what rating would you give Dead Trigger 1 out of five?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think you got to quit talking about that crappy society of yours. Doesn't add ANY value whatsoever to the discussion. It was fun (and funny) at first, but now it is just pure irritation.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
Alright then

Mr. Dead Trigger Denegration Society Potentate, what rating would you give Dead Trigger 1 out of five?
At launch, there was little content+IAP heavy. I would give it two stars or 1.5.

Currently, there's an endless mode, more areas, more weapons, I'd have to bestow a 2.5 out of 5. If they added co-op, made the arenas about 5x as big, added about 3 more different zombie types, made the whole thing a little scarier, then I'd consider taking it seriously and removing the tech demo label.

Oh and either ditch the missions thing which gets old really quickly or make then a helluva lot more interesting. Seriously this could be something like L4D2 if they did this right. Oh and better gore. CoD zombies has about the level I'd like, everything is gruesome and meat just flies when you shoot the zombies. Something akin to that for DT2. Then make the lighting and everything about 3x as dark, add a flashlight attachment, don't make zombie spawns so damn predictable.

Actually I'll stop because if I listed all the things I'd like changed for DT2 I'll end up typing for a long time.

This is probably the last post of the Potentate for a while to come, so enjoy all. Currently in negotiations with the Defense Squad's president to minimize casualties for both sides.

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-15-2013 at 11:01 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
At launch, there was little content+IAP heavy. I would give it two stars or 1.5.

Currently, there's an endless mode, more areas, more weapons, I'd have to bestow a 2.5 out of 5. If they added co-op, made the arenas about 5x as big, added about 3 more different zombie types, made the whole thing a little scarier, then I'd consider taking it seriously and removing the tech demo label.

Oh and either ditch the missions thing which gets old really quickly or make then a helluva lot more interesting. Seriously this could be something like L4D2 if they did this right. Oh and better gore. CoD zombies has about the level I'd like, everything is gruesome and meat just flies when you shoot the zombies. Something akin to that for DT2. Then make the lighting and everything about 3x as dark, add a flashlight attachment, don't make zombie spawns so damn predictable.

Actually I'll stop because if I listed all the things I'd like changed for DT2 I'll end up typing for a long time.

This is probably the last post of the Potentate for a while to come, so enjoy all.
This pretty much answers your question to me, too, Connector.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Not even removing that label, just "considering".

Under that logic, about 80% of the games that are not even as solid as DT1 would be considered "tech demos", even CoD zombies fits into this definition better than DT1.

Not even some arcade console titles deserve to be called full games then.

I know no one asked me, but I'd rate it:

3/5 as plain FPS, because there are a couple FPS better than DT1.

As a ZOMBIE FPS I'd rate it 4/5 because it's hands down the best zombie FPS so far IMO.

The gameplay does get old, due to the lack of an objective that will engage you to play more seriously, Controls are Spot on right up there along with the MC series, arguably better, the graphics and sound are 5/5.

Last edited by Darth Nihilus; 01-15-2013 at 11:11 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
Not even removing that label, just "considering".

Under that logic, about 80% of the games that are not even as solid as DT1 would be considered "tech demos".

Not even some arcade console titles deserve to be called full games then.
1) I expect more features, depth and variety out of a modern game than an old arcade one
2) "tech demo" is the label because the game seems to exist for no reason other than to show off MF's shiny graphics and push iOS hardware

Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
1) I expect more features, depth and variety out of a modern game than an old arcade one
2) "tech demo" is the label because the game seems to exist for no reason other than to show off MF's shiny graphics and push iOS hardware

Yeah yeah I get it, it's just that I find you ultra high standards kinda funny XD no offence.

But most of the games on the appstore are of arcade nature and with not many features and depth.

Well I don't need much reason for a game to exist, just to entertain, plus, the Unity engine was used several times before as actual Tech demos, search "Angry bots" on iTunes, THAT's a tech demo.

Last edited by Darth Nihilus; 01-15-2013 at 11:25 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I don't think DT's a bad tech demo, I think it's an awesome way to show off what your little device can do graphically, but when it comes down to gameplay, it's pretty damn shallow. More of a tech demo than a game, really.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
I don't think DT's a bad tech demo, I think it's an awesome way to show off what your little device can do graphically, but when it comes down to gameplay, it's pretty damn shallow. More of a tech demo than a game, really.
Jetpack joyride, angrybirds, infinity blade, supercrate box and I can endlessly go on about other shallow games, at least more shallow than DT.

All I'm saying is, by definition, DT is not a tech demo, one can like it or hate it, but calling it a tech demo is just plain untrue.

Closed Thread