Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I need some help from some pros, I'm getting killed by Odric in the revenge campaign. What do I need to do to beat this guy, he is to quick. I've been trying with the new mana deck but its just not working for me.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
I need some help from some pros, I'm getting killed by Odric in the revenge campaign. What do I need to do to beat this guy, he is to quick. I've been trying with the new mana deck but its just not working for me.
Try to slim down the higher cost cards in the goblin gang deck and use it. It might take a few tries, but the goblin gang is the fastest deck I've come across so far. Also you might want to look into Chandra's fire deck which has a lot of skills that can burn away multiple enemies
Old 01-15-2013, 06:51 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
Mr Burkhart?

The Revenge Odric is probably the end of game boss for Duels 2013 - he hits like a truck, always has removal for your men, and doesn't lie down. Krenko tests your speed more, but Odric just keeps asking questions until (most) decks run out of answers.

Anyway... if you've fully unlocked the 5 colour deck then this matchup is pretty easy because you've way more board sweepers than he has ways of making dudes. If you're missing stuff like the Jund Charms from your unlock pile I imagine it's a bit more awkward.

If I remember from when I first faced Odric the Chandra deck has good game once it's unlocked, otherwise one of your best plans is to go on the offense or to play a deck with Enchantment removal to attack his Oblivion Rings and Journey to Nowhere - one of your best plays is to convince him he can attack by playing possum then removing an Oblivion Ring/Fiend Hunter at instant speed to give yourself a blocker and eat his guy.

But like I said, the 5c deck is one of your best options in the matchup (as I demonstrated back a page). He just walks headlong into all your board sweepers all day long. Easy meat.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow, used your advice won first time, wasn't even close. Thanks a lot.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I need your help again, this time Krenko. Who should I use and what strategy. I have all decks and cards. He drops so many cards so fast, then pumps them up, plus sacrifices for direct damage, I barely last 4 rounds.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 PM

Chandra FTW. I'm pretty sure I ran through just her deck in the campaign and revenge campaign, and eventually beat everyone. Also if you haven't already, trim your deck down to about 60-61 cards so you can get whatever you need sooner...

As for strat... uhh burn everything he throws at ya haha.

Last edited by darkhorse; 01-19-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 PM

I am new to magic and need help. What is the best deck to use against Golgari in the expansion campaign... He is the only one I cannot seem to beat.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmist View Post
I am new to magic and need help. What is the best deck to use against Golgari in the expansion campaign... He is the only one I cannot seem to beat.
Goblin seems to work fine, as with any deck. Best tip I can give you is to use the deck that you are comfortable with. Having a good deck build as well as knowing how to use it properly is crucial. And also, do not start a game with a bad hand. Quit and start the game again until you are happy with your hand (example, first turn goblin guide and second turn instigator and third turn chieftain with a goblin grenade to boot). Good luck.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM

Thanks for the tip. I actually beat it the first try after posting that using the mindstorms deck.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Is there any way to get more time when searching my deck for a card online. I was playing with obedient dead and just needed the card to deal damage to my opponent for the number of swamps I had out, which would have won me the game, but instead I couldn't find it and had to go with a grave Titan