Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-16-2013, 06:22 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Lode Runner Classic - (by Tozai)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 01-18-2013 at 03:28 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've been waiting for this for ages !!! Hope its good.

I must admit Tozai are rubbish with communication, sent them 3 emails to their contact address asking when this was out as the website kept saying 'coming soon', after the first - nothing, so emailed another tozai address (sales as well) and nothing. No response.

I hope this app works okay as any contact with Tozai will be worthless. Hope someone from the company can come here to explain why they never answer any emails (like every other iOS company)
Old 01-16-2013, 06:34 AM

as much as i'm feeling all nostalgic over lode runner, i'm worried about the controls.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiX View Post
as much as i'm feeling all nostalgic over lode runner, i'm worried about the controls.
Yeah thats normally my concern but i must admit videos i had seen had several control options...

http://www.loderunnerclassic.com/

Saying that on the website 'Palpably customizable' ?? Does mention 3 control methods

53 secs into the video on that page it shows the controls - d-pad/touch/accelerometer

The price i can handle, this is the 'official' version so it must have cost a bit to get the rights to do this game, this isnt some clone. $3 think about it is hardly anything.

I'll probably get it but still annoyed at their complete lack of support to users which is poor.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

i remember this from my old console,nice
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip4weather View Post
i remember this from my old console,nice
Yeah i am glad they kept the very very old skool graphics on this and didnt update it (Eg As they did with Boulderdash !).
Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I thought this day wont come!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Yeah thats normally my concern but i must admit videos i had seen had several control options...

http://www.loderunnerclassic.com/

Saying that on the website 'Palpably customizable' ?? Does mention 3 control methods

53 secs into the video on that page it shows the controls - d-pad/touch/accelerometer

The price i can handle, this is the 'official' version so it must have cost a bit to get the rights to do this game, this isnt some clone. $3 think about it is hardly anything.

I'll probably get it but still annoyed at their complete lack of support to users which is poor.
Thanks for the video link. It's going to be tough to recreate the whole lode runner experience on the touch screen though. Can already imagine dying due to the controls when things get frantic. Haha. Probably the main reason why I'm skeptical now after the initial excitement wears out.

But with this game and the remake of karateka, it does feel like i'm transported back to the 80s again. 2 of the first games I ever played, before I can even read.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well you could also say some of these retro games are priced higher as they know the younger market 'might' not really go for it, so its based at us oldies.
I really forgot to think about it that way, and you are totally right. I shelled out 2.99 for Defender of the Crown...but frankly I just adore that game, much more so than Lode Runner for reasons I don't know. Now DotC is really a game that needs to be updated to get the NES mini games.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Did not think about the licence cost for the game when i said the price is a bit steep.