★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

View Poll Results: Is Canabalt worth $2.99?
Yes 212 34.98%
No 293 48.35%
Not my type of game 101 16.67%
Voters: 606. You may not vote on this poll
02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brayan.richard View Post
7$???
Seriously dont you think its too much???
Wonder which thread was this from? Mods should put an edit saying from which thread they came
02-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
If no one has yet to figure it out, leo was another one of defred's accounts. Banned again.
Holy shit, I didn't know that.

I thought that guy was a complete ass. Even more so than Defred.

02-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Wonder which thread was this from? Mods should put an edit saying from which thread they came
I'm going to take a guess at the Minecraft PE thread, due to the heat thats surrounded it recently
02-03-2013, 04:29 AM
it woud be better if its free
02-05-2013, 11:17 AM
:eek:

I was definitely about to give this one a try, if not only for the reminder of the classic SNL skit... until I saw the price! Wow... I mean I'd pay a dollar maybe TWO... but not seven. If it ever goes down I'll definitely give it a shot!
02-13-2013, 04:29 PM
What something is worth is entirely dependent upon context. The question is what is reasonable given the circumstances, such as expectations of consumers, competition, demand, etc.

A couple hours at a movie theater might cost $20. This is entertainment, just like playing a video game. Should games cost $10 an hour? Nonsense.

A reasonable consumer might even determine that the exact same form of entertainment (gaming) is reasonably priced at $__ on one platform but should be less on another. You have to put it all in context.

Most premium apps are between $5-10 on the appstore. That is where BA belongs. I don't care if it's worth $100 on the pc.

I am right, you are wrong. /end.
02-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post

Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken. So there goes your theory.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...the App Store has totally destroyed the concept of value. The loads of crapware, endless 99 cent/50% sales and the race to the pricing bottom in the hopes of being featured by Apple or climbing a chart have done nothing except skew people's perceptions of what mobile software is "worth".

And I'm glad (thrilled even) that Slitherine has picked the price they did, and stuck with it without any sales.
02-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
I was going to write exactly why this game is worth the money, you know stuff about it being a proper actual game and what not but you have heard it all before.

You are cheap, so why not stop bothering everyone about the price on this and admit you are a miser and go and play some little 69p half minute distraction.

Also, congratulations on helping out in the race to the bottom that iOS gaming has become. Real Racing 3 is out (soonish)and it's aimed squarely at you, and those like you.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
02-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
I'm going to keep begging until it happens.
how about begging your mommy for more allowance?
02-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Harv View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...the App Store has totally destroyed the concept of value. The loads of crapware, endless 99 cent/50% sales and the race to the pricing bottom in the hopes of being featured by Apple or climbing a chart have done nothing except skew people's perceptions of what mobile software is "worth".
Exactly, which is why $10 is a reasonable price for BA. Slith's attempt to change the appstore's trajectory is futile.