Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

About the timers, they make really sense when you got more than one dude.
Because then you can queue up tasks for one guy, and switch to the other to do sthg else.
It wouldn't work with more than one Blockhead whitout timers, because then you'll always have one idle dude!
And I don't buy IAP usually, but here the half timer permanent item looked to me like the paid version of the game vs a free demo I enjoyed.

I've built a base near the portal. I sent one of my BH for a trip around the world, but first I made him a few chests with a level one of all the benches, and a little bit of evthg plus empty chests for the goodies he'll bring back. The trick to put chests in your basket is very useful indeed
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffordling View Post
This is a great game I love it! Better than minecraft!!

I saw an ad for this awesome game while playing Pocket Planes. I immediately downloaded it (instead of playing PP) and loved it RIGHT AWAY!!!

My little brother used to be a fan of Minecraft and play it all the time; I never got it. At all.

But then The Blockheads came out and....I'M HOOKED! I'M ABSOLUTELY HOOKED! I LOVE THE BLOCKHEADS!!!!

THIS. GAME. ROCKS!!!!!

give it a try NOW!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 PM

This game is great! Add me - Kozio235
Old 01-17-2013, 09:06 PM

Now in game ads for other games?
This is what I hate about Freemium games with no option to become a 'paid' app.
It makes me rather play games I paid full price for that have no extra purchases or ads...
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Made it to the center of the earth. I feel pretty much like Im running out of things to do in this game, but still have seen neither pole. Going to just start exploring soon.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
Made it to the center of the earth. I feel pretty much like Im running out of things to do in this game, but still have seen neither pole. Going to just start exploring soon.
There's 4 Poles,Each with a unique object granting special perks.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx550 View Post
There's 4 Poles,Each with a unique object granting special perks.
sure but once you are fully upgraded, what do perks matter? really only in building your own cool superstructures or whatever. still. I will go hunting for them
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quick question. Is there a bug when buying your second guy or something? When I had just my one blockhead, he took maybe 30 second or so to fill his energy (when sleeping in a bed). Then I bought my second blockhead in, now 2 or 3 minutes sleeping in bed gains me only a few pixels worth of energy. At this rate it would take a half hour to fill up my energy. wtf? That cant be right? Surely I have done something wrong, or not understanding something? The game just ruined itself for me if I cant undo this..
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
Quick question. Is there a bug when buying your second guy or something? When I had just my one blockhead, he took maybe 30 second or so to fill his energy (when sleeping in a bed). Then I bought my second blockhead in, now 2 or 3 minutes sleeping in bed gains me only a few pixels worth of energy. At this rate it would take a half hour to fill up my energy. wtf? That cant be right? Surely I have done something wrong, or not understanding something? The game just ruined itself for me if I cant undo this..
Don't worry, there's nothing wrong, when a blockhead sleeps time passes faster. If you have 2 or more blockheads and you put only one to sleep or meditate time won't go fast. Allowing you to manipulate the awake one, so in order to do it fast you need to put them all to sleep or put one to sleep and the other to meditate. By the way, a tip, when a blockhead is meditating he/she does not suffer from hunger nor loss of energy, VERY useful. And also you can gain free stuff by meditating.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Pocket Gamer has given the game a score of 9 out of 10 and a PG Gold Award:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/The+Blockheads/review.asp?c=47781