Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
...I'm just waiting for a Final Fantasy match-3 to come out now that they've hit tower defense, social media, and now tap sim.
Ooh, ooh, you know what actually could work, while SE are busy trying to hit every genre? A FF-based "endless runner" that basically had you make your way through whole FF games from beginning to end, with your character passing through areas designed to replicate the towns/dungeons in the order they would have appeared in the actual RPG, complete with wandering monsters, "boss fights", nostalgic music and recreations of well-known cinematic moments.

I could actually get behind that if it were done well.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Ooh, ooh, you know what actually could work, while SE are busy trying to hit every genre? A FF-based "endless runner" that basically had you make your way through whole FF games from beginning to end, with your character passing through areas designed to replicate the towns/dungeons in the order they would have appeared in the actual RPG, complete with wandering monsters, "boss fights", nostalgic music and recreations of well-known cinematic moments.

I could actually get behind that if it were done well.
there already is one-- Gyromancer. it's not bad, actually. i wouldnt mind an ipad port.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Video
Oh no, there's an freemium-style hourglass that refills your party (think extra lives)? Waiting in real-world time slowly replenishes your hourglasses, or you can buy with IAP.

And also according to what I see in the video, you can buy:

$0.99 - New random premium character (35 in all)
$3.99 - World tickets (additional maps/bosses) (3 in all)

I might have missed some, but so far it looks like $50 to buy and unlock the entire game (includes initial purchase), plus whatever you pay to refill your extra lives/hourglasses.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
there already is one-- Gyromancer. it's not bad, actually. i wouldnt mind an ipad port.
I thought gyromancer was less "Temple run" and more "puzzle quest". Either way, I dislike you, squeenix.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Erm, no, Gyromancer is nothing like what I was describing, not even remotely. I'm talking about the concept of an actual endless runner in which you seamlessly pass through the story/world of an entire existing FF game (FF4, 6, 7, 8, etc.), not a slow-paced RPG/match-3 hybrid.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Genius. This will make a killing. And they'll still get the rest of you suckers who are turning your noses up at it, falling over yourselves to hand over $20 for the next "proper" FF they port over. Bravo.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
...I'm talking about the concept of an actual endless runner in which you seamlessly pass through the story/world of an entire existing FF game (FF4, 6, 7, 8, etc.)...
This is a good idea... it would actually treat the franchise with humor and reverence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Genius. This will make a killing. And they'll still get the rest of you suckers who are turning your noses up at it, falling over yourselves to hand over $20 for the next "proper" FF they port over. Bravo.
Well said. Although it's unclear what the target audience for All the Bravest is. Are they gunning for retro RPG fans who have played each FF game and are familiar enough to recognize their favorite characters but always secretly craved a more action oriented spin on the franchise despite having invested 100s of hours playing the original incarnations?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 AM

Honestly, I hope this game somehow makes Squeenix go bankrupt like Final Fantasy: Spirits Within did, so we can stop seeing the endless remixes of Final Fantasy crap on the app store, and I can jump all over the dead rump of a husk of a crappy body that has become Square.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
This is a good idea... it would actually treat the franchise with humor and reverence.Well said. Although it's unclear what the target audience for All the Bravest is. Are they gunning for retro RPG fans who have played each FF game and are familiar enough to recognize their favorite characters but always secretly craved a more action oriented spin on the franchise despite having invested 100s of hours playing the original incarnations?
They're gunning for the lowest common denominator of course.