Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Another classic Toaplan arcade game hits iOS; I hope this trend continues. Very interested in feedback or impressions from anyone who takes the dive and grabs this one. I see that the Reloaded version is available for iOS, but not in the US store.
What were the other ones? I am a big fan of Toaplan and would like to check them out.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:10 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Okay took the plunge.

Hmmm. It 'could' be really good but the controls are dire, theres a crappy joystick type thing in the bottom middle of the screen (which 'surprisingly' they dont show you in any of the screenshots). This is terrible to use if you want to try diagonals, you can use your finger anywhere else on the screen (like a crappy relative touch) but its still not ideal. Its alright apart from diagonals but thats not great.

The speed of the game is great, seems fine , nothing like that crappy Outzone Reloaded rubbish.

If they sorted out the controls it'll be a decent game. For $4.99 its totally overpriced though, despite being a huge fan of Out Zone i'm not exactly over the moon with this version. Again if the controls were alright then it could be decent. I would avoid at this price
thanks for that... I just about died when I saw the thread... then the screen shots...

excitement dwindled as I scrolled down... but I'll wish-list this one, and hope that they tweak the controls a bit before snagging it.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Don't bother with this steaming dog turd. It is a very, very crappy remake. If you were lucky enough to grab iMAME then get the ROM for that instead.

Game Park Holdings bought the rights to this a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been licensed from them.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

I just noticed this was updated (better controls hopefully) and the price dropped. I'm almost willing to buy it, but if anyone who already has it can say if the update made a difference, I'd be appreciative.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yep re-downloading now

I TOFTT with this game, huge disappointment. Fingers crossed the update is better, glad you bounced this thread as i deleted this a long time ago and wouldnt have known theres an update which might improve things (cant be worse)

Right here we go...

A great start, a chunk of the screen is missing (ipod touch 5th gen) eg Continue Ga or Score Ran

Anyway new game....

And deleted !

The controls are still dire, you can only go 4 ways not diagonal 8 ways. You constantly shoot. Wherever you put your finger the controls appear there but for some strange reason it kept launching a 'smart bomb' everytime i moved my finger.

I remember when this first came out i think it was super slow. The speed of the game is good, pretty fast. Graphically it looks great, must be a port of an old classic arcade game isnt it.

But the controls still ruin it, its portrait as well not landscape so thats not super comfortable with this type of game.

If they made it landscape, fixed d-pad on the left and buttons on the right to shoot/smart bomb AND made it 8-way it would be good.

But dont buy this, i took one for the team last time and regretted this purchase big time. Its shocking how rubbish like this gets onto the app store, doesnt this 'company' have anyone to test this game ? Didnt one person say 'actually this is rubbish, the controls are dire...' ?

Avoid
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

I suppose you checked the options too (if there are any options)?

Thanks a bunch for saving me some money though!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Just checked again

Yeah no options. Tempted to email them (link@alioth.biz) to complain at such a poor conversion.

So frustrating as this is an arcade classic