Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Oh no, there's an freemium-style hourglass that refills your party (think extra lives)? Waiting in real-world time slowly replenishes your hourglasses, or you can buy with IAP.

And also according to what I see in the video, you can buy:

$0.99 - New random premium character (35 in all)
$3.99 - World tickets (additional maps/bosses) (3 in all)

I might have missed some, but so far it looks like $50 to buy and unlock the entire game (includes initial purchase), plus whatever you pay to refill your extra lives/hourglasses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpha View Post
Personally, if I was going to give Square 15 bucks or so, I'd just buy TWEWY instead.
^ The above pretty much sums up my thoughts after reading through the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Genius. This will make a killing. And they'll still get the rest of you suckers who are turning your noses up at it, falling over yourselves to hand over $20 for the next "proper" FF they port over. Bravo.
Sad but true...
Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Genius. This will make a killing. And they'll still get the rest of you suckers who are turning your noses up at it, falling over yourselves to hand over $20 for the next "proper" FF they port over. Bravo.
Hahyeah. There's a reason square is consistently the top ten developers in terms of total revenue on the app store.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Disappointed with what I've seen in the video of this one. And disappointed in the financial ramifications it has on all of us.

Looking forward to a review or two to find out if there's enough content in the main game without having to buy IAP.

Like, will there be the ability to buy the characters you want without having to fork over real money, and just use in-game currency? And someone mentioned the need to wait in real time for health to recover... I thought that kind of thing would only be present in freemium games. Are there other paid games making you wait to regenerate some sort of health?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Wow.. Another SE game that i will turn my back to. Just sad how it has the FF on the title... with Cloud, Garland and Kefka in it.

WTF SE... WTF.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookmonster View Post
Honestly, I hope this game somehow makes Squeenix go bankrupt like Final Fantasy: Spirits Within did, so we can stop seeing the endless remixes of Final Fantasy crap on the app store, and I can jump all over the dead rump of a husk of a crappy body that has become Square.
I have no interest in this game, but I want SE to survive and start porting Dragon Quest games to iOS... and maybe the last few classic FF games too.

When I say Dragon Quest I mean all the spinoff's as well. I've had a blast with every game in that franchise.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 PM

Trailer

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Eaj8IT63pok[/url]
Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Curiously... I wonder if Square Enix invested energy in pixelating some of the characters from later installments of FF just for this release or if they will also apply that artwork to other titles (like more ports/updates/semi-sequels). I'm not entirely sure which characters are included here but I at least see FFVII Cloud in 16-bit for the first time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
...And someone mentioned the need to wait in real time for health to recover... I thought that kind of thing would only be present in freemium games. Are there other paid games making you wait to regenerate some sort of health?
Waiting real time to recoup health is likely a tactic to encourage diversity. The game is forcing you to not just play as Cloud or the Red Mage but also to utilize those overlooked characters like Sabin from FFVI. I can see a positive design intention behind that; however skeptical I am of IAP. Fingershot RPG is another paid game with a similar wait. Knights of Pen & Paper has you wait real time for a blacksmith to craft armor. I think those are game balance issues.

The last thing I want to do is defend this abomination but if All the Brave levels up characters then it's wise to keep players from over developing one and under developing others especially with such a potentially large rooster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I have no interest in this game, but I want SE to survive and start porting Dragon Quest games to iOS... and maybe the last few classic FF games too...
This. I project we will have iOS Dragon Quest by the end of the year given Square Enix's increasing pattern of releasing multiple classic style RPGs a year (and since they are running out of intellectual properties).

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-16-2013 at 02:29 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I have no interest in this game, but I want SE to survive and start porting Dragon Quest games to iOS... and maybe the last few classic FF games too.

When I say Dragon Quest I mean all the spinoff's as well. I've had a blast with every game in that franchise.
Seriously. They need to start porting over DQ enhanced ports on iOS already. I think most likely they will wait till after FFVI comes out so they don't have to touch ff7+ for a while and can still get that sweet iOS $.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:17 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Is the price $2.99 or $3.99

Looking at the first page, it has that the price will translate to $2.99, but on the website for the game, it says $3.99. Which do you think will actually be the price tonight?

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff_atb...formation.html

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Any game impressions yet? I honestly cant figure out a dam thing about the game even after watching the trailers multiple times. Is this like pachinko or pinball? All auto battles? Is there an overworld w random battles? Is there a story? All that gameplay footage and i still have no idea whats going on.