Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-16-2013, 07:47 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

iPhone 5 won all the unbiased drop tests Vs galaxy S3 just an fyi.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

You do have a point there,but in my country,I can get Galaxy S3 for 400 euros,while Iphone 5 is a lot more...anyway,thank you for your answers
Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I got the Note 2 and love it. I've used an S3 also and think that's a great phone. Jellybean OS is very good imo.

BUT.... some negatives of Android. I bought a 64gb card expecting to fill it with films and games, which as we know are increasing in size quite rapidly. You CAN'T install games to the SD card, nor can you move them there after installing on internal memory. So that 16gb (11gb avail - rest used by OS) is quickly used up. The only way round this is to 'root' your device, voiding warranty.

Obviously, if you get a 16gb iPhone you'll run into the same problem. I'd get a 32gb device if you want to put lots of games on, be it Apple or Android.

As a mobile, my Note 2 is by far the best phone I've ever had. The stylus for handwritten notes is a huge benefit to me, and the camera has loads of built-in options to help with getting great shots. Google Maps satnav is superb. Brilliant screen which makes viewing anything a joy. Connect to your pc and drag/drop files with no need for itunes.

Those are all things I love over IOS, but ultimately, the Apple Appstore is always buzzing with fresh releases. Far more quality games and Apps avail over Google Play.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:27 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Once I saw that beautiful 9.7' screen I immediately fell in love....I'm getting Ipad 4th Gen
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 AM

I use a S3 as my phone, and develop games for IOS and Android. The S3 is a great gaming phone, but the Android market place is still a while behind in terms of attracting devs. Im hoping this will be the year that things really pick up, for example I know so many people who picked up a nexus 7 tablet or kindle this xmas. However (and as others have said), this is a biased forum, and I love my iPAd so much for gaming im just not interested in anything else so much anymore

================================================
Pete Hobson- dev blog @ www.freesome.com twitter @psk
Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipjablan View Post
Once I saw that beautiful 9.7' screen I immediately fell in love....I'm getting Ipad 4th Gen
Ipad retina is the bomb. Don't even game on my iphone anymore.