App description: Brick Wars is an innovative defense game. You have to defend your base against waves and waves of different types of enemies. Upgrade and customize your weapons to fight against them!

How to play:
- Tap and move on the screen to shoot
- Change the weapon used by clicking on the weapon slot
#Red - Explosive weapon
#Green - Multi bullet weapon
#Blue - Penetrable weapon
- Kill enemies of different colors to collect the energy of your weapon
- Charge your ultimate weapon by killing enemies. Activate it by clicking your cannon.
- Pick 3 weapons and 1 ultimate weapon before level starts

Features:
- over 100 levels
- upgradable and customizable weapons
- 3 different powerful ultimate weapons
- over 20 different types of enemies and bosses
- GameCenter supported

Check out the gameplay in youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYt7KtC70G4

Sound effects are provided by:
"Joker Sounds/Maoudamashi"
http://maoudamashii.jokersounds.com/

Gabrien's comments:

01-17-2013, 03:44 AM
Good job, found another good un there. Love the retro graphics, wish you could move though. Interested to know how the touch screen works, do you just press down on a particular side to shoot ?

Wouldnt mind getting it but just want to know how it controls really

01-17-2013, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Good job, found another good un there. Love the retro graphics, wish you could move though. Interested to know how the touch screen works, do you just press down on a particular side to shoot ?

Wouldnt mind getting it but just want to know how it controls really
I haven't tried this one yet. From the description I imagine you move your finger on screen and the bullets shoot towards it?

The crazy amount of stuff on screen is appealing, and this really looks to have terrific potential.

This quote from the dev in the upcoming thread concerns me though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveS View Post
We will start with 2.99.
Specifically the word "start."

Lack of universal doesn't help matters.
01-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Specifically the word "start."

Lack of universal doesn't help matters.
I'm all for helping small indie dev teams, but 2.99 for that does seem quite overpriced and wont help their cause in my view. They can 'start' at that price if they want but i think i'll 'wait'
01-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks for your opinion. Apart from the gameplay shown in the video, we also have hybrid weapons which combine two weapons together. You can customize it by adjusting their levels. We will release some promo codes for user to test later today. Please go to the Promo Codes and Contests forum for details.
01-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Be aware. iADs visible at the top of the screen during gameplay. Seems kind of out of place for a paid game. Surely this would be more suitable for a free version? Not impressed. Deleted - sorry.

andiR : Game Center || OnlyAndi : twitter
01-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Be aware. iADs visible at the top of the screen during gameplay. Seems kind of out of place for a paid game. Surely this would be more suitable for a free version? Impressed. Deleted - sorry.
Yeah i was shocked at that. I'm glad i got a promo code and didnt buy it.

Firstly $2.99 is way overpriced, i want to help indie devs but when they try charging that thats ridiculous. Then you get an advert at the bottom of the menu, top of the gameplay ? Thats really bad.
01-17-2013, 10:10 PM
got your opinion, price dropped to 0.99~
and ads removed.