Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-15-2013, 02:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
Welp, I made the mistake of trying a Wii U out with it's Off Tv mode and purchased one today. I think this feature alone is what remote play for the Vita should have been. As it is, it never came to fruition on the Vita which in turn lost PS3 game sales from me. It's one of the most disappointing aspects for me that the Vita could/should have had.
Don't know, if the range is as short as I read it's pretty pointless to me, wouldn't work for my toilet gaming .
Old 01-15-2013, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianOrb View Post
Don't know, if the range is as short as I read it's pretty pointless to me, wouldn't work for my toilet gaming .
My WiiU is in my bedroom and I can sit downstairs in the front room and still have it play lag free. 10 feet outside my garden gate though and the signal went.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:41 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
I think this feature alone is what remote play for the Vita should have been. As it is, it never came to fruition on the Vita which in turn lost PS3 game sales from me. It's one of the most disappointing aspects for me that the Vita could/should have had.
I'm kind of hoping Sony gets more proactive about enabling remote-play for games, especially with devices like the Nvidia shield which hinge on streaming games from more powerful devices. They probably won't ever enable remote-play on the majority of games on the PS3, but I can see them doing it with the PS4.

There's a few (interweaved) issues with remote-play for the PS3, which got in the way of Vita remote-play functionality.

1. When remote-play was first created, it was made with the PSP in mind. Because the PSP lacked several inputs key to a lot of PS3 games, Sony made remote-play functionality an option for developers, because they'd have to customize the controls to work on the PSP otherwise, and getting some games to utilize remote-play would be unrealistic.

2. Sony made it a part of some legal paperwork that it was entirely up to the developers, so allowing remote-play for all games on a system wide basis became a legal issue. They could do it, but it would make them open to lawsuits.

Sony lacked foresight. Remote-play on the Vita doesn't face the issue of making developers do extra work at all, unlike on the PSP- every input on the PS3 controller corresponds to an input on the Vita, so it's just a matter of enabling it. They could have done so, if they hadn't made it a legal issue, but they did, and ended up screwing themselves over in the end.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:12 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Apparently Samurai Beatdown is free at the minute on the PS Mobile part of the store for some promotion or other, also noticed lemmings was free when I looked myself.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Apparently Samurai Beatdown is free at the minute on the PS Mobile part of the store for some promotion or other, also noticed lemmings was free when I looked myself.
Yep. Sony is running a promotion where every week a PS Mobile game will go free for six weeks. It's not limited to any specific territories AFAIK, as long as PSM is available where you're at. Samurai Beat is the first of the six. Lemmings has always been 'free', but you'll have to pay if you want the whole game. The game only comes with a few levels, and to unlock the rest you have to spend money.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 AM

Shame about lemmings although it's nostalgic enough and the touch controls work very well I might buy the extra levels also noticed jetpack joyride was free and grabbed it out of curiosity. Not something I've played before but I've seen it mentioned a lot so why not.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Shame about lemmings although it's nostalgic enough and the touch controls work very well I might buy the extra levels also noticed jetpack joyride was free and grabbed it out of curiosity. Not something I've played before but I've seen it mentioned a lot so why not.
Wait, you haven't played Jetpack Joyride yet?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianOrb View Post
Wait, you haven't played Jetpack Joyride yet?
I really hadn't but I've played a few hours of it today and finally see what the fuss is about. It is quite addictive to play I'm not sure how long that will last though but for free it's definitely got my approval.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I really hadn't but I've played a few hours of it today and finally see what the fuss is about. It is quite addictive to play I'm not sure how long that will last though but for free it's definitely got my approval.
What is this Jetpack Joyride game you speak of?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Gun Commando is out next week.

Looks interesting.

So is escapeVektor: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...-vita-tuesday/

and Urban Trial Freestyle still exists! : http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...n-and-ps-vita/

Last edited by S.I.D. CrAzY; 01-18-2013 at 12:07 AM..