Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirflex View Post
Is this the new rose tato? She looks really awesome. Good job
Nah,
This is the new Noah, Rose improvements are even better!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I have to stop visiting this thread because every time I do I just want to post "please hurry up and finish!"

Been playing RE5 a little lately. That game just doesn't know if it wants to be action or horror. Certainly isn't scary or makes you conserve ammo at all, but then you can't move while reloading and shooting!!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I have to stop visiting this thread because every time I do I just want to post "please hurry up and finish!"

Been playing RE5 a little lately. That game just doesn't know if it wants to be action or horror. Certainly isn't scary or makes you conserve ammo at all, but then you can't move while reloading and shooting!!
RE clearly lost his identity in the process, same for Dead Space (which was firstly an action-oriented survival horror game). Come on, cooperative multiplayer shooting warfare? Wth? Survival horror games doesn't need such things...
It's a bit sad that such nice games now want's to please all kind of audience by having gazillions of un-useful game features not related to horror elements at all. People doesn't recognize the game they are playing anymore.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:44 PM

Why can't a game with an option for multiplayer co-op keep its survival horror elements? Also, would you rather watch a horror movie by yourself or with a friend?
Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by handintoaster View Post
Why can't a game with an option for multiplayer co-op keep its survival horror elements? Also, would you rather watch a horror movie by yourself or with a friend?
Horror games and movies, especially games, aren't half as frightening when played with a friend.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by handintoaster View Post
Fears amplifies when you are all alone and dissipates when you are sharing your fears (emotions) with someone else. But i agree that sharing the experience is also fun but the experience is less terrifying.
When it comes to pure survival horror games, you are not looking to induce fun but fears.

Last edited by tatoforever; 01-20-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM

That may be true but the game wouldn't be forcing you to play co-op either.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
The 2 best horror games silent hill 2 and 3 hopefully this will be a silent hill then a resident evil.
It sits between those two, well our inspiration came from those games.
As stated earlier, we have an emphasis on character psychology and pure psychological fears.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
that's great,I think the game should never be sold for less than 10$ on appstore.what do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
I would like to see peoples opinion about FM once we get really close to release and let them decide an honest (but also competitive) price for the game.
I would (will) totally buy it for 10$, it just needs some big marketing process to make people wish the game!

Quote:
In two years, I'll let him get FM free if he buys FM2.
Agree!

Quote:
We actually can render a pretty huge amount of stuff on the screen, due to the fact that we do everything in one single pass we can double or even triple (depending on the scene) the amount of objects on screen. What we've shown till now is nothing to what you are about to see in our comming videos.
Our overall outdoor scenes are fully loaded with complex trees and grass of all kind (and animated)!
I would like to extend any existing console franchise on iOS. Resident Evil, Dead Space, Silent Hill, whatever, I'm a hardcore survival horror fan. That's also one of our plans once FM is over, approach the big guys and make some sort of deals with their existing license and make out something with our framework.
I'll be glad to transform Resident Evil/Silent Hill into a bloody gruesome fest survival horror again with an old school emphasis.
My pants are falling!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:09 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Btw, tatoforever why haven't you been given the option to put an image next to your nickname?