Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

@the_loafer: i'm definively leaning towards hyperdive. Thank you for your support!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 PM

Hmm hyperdive sounds very generic.. imho you should not force yourself to a descriptive title that sound so bland and completly does not represent the feeling i have when watching the video.. Its looks so much more than hyperdive..

Anyway looks very interesting.. and do yourself a favour and make this universal from the get go..

You missjugde the smaller screen, especially if you yourself are mostly using the ipad for gaming. Gamer who play on iphone & co are used to play on it and do it very fine even without the bigger screen estate and the higher prescision you can achieve on the big one.

If you are still uncertain, do a betatest and invite a mixed bag of ios isers with different devices..

I mean hell, people play gta on zhe iphone which is crammed from top to bottom with virtual buttons and they still enjoy it..

As for 6.1 really? Are there no sound libraries out there who can do the job you need it to.. Reverb and whatelse..? Targeting ios6.1 will leave you with a very small consumer base by the time it gets released. I would try to find a solution to target 5.x and upwards.

anyway... good luck and looking forward to it
Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjestland View Post
@agentblank: it's easy to release as an universal build, but i am afraid that iphone users are going to hate it, because the screen is just too small. But maybe i will release as ipad first and the add universal support a bit later.
This looks SICK. I will be getting it on my ipad for sure!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Can you make it into a space shooter? Graphics look really cool though.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
Hmm hyperdive sounds very generic.. imho you should not force yourself to a descriptive title that sound so bland and completly does not represent the feeling i have when watching the video.. Its looks so much more than hyperdive..
it's still not decided. Feel free to come with suggestions!

Quote:
Anyway looks very interesting.. and do yourself a favour and make this universal from the get go.
Thanks, i will take your suggestion and test it out on the betatesters. It will probably have to look a bit different, and i havent gotten retina to work yet. Retina for ipad3 and beyond is out of the question, and probably only for iphone5 and up.

Quote:
As for 6.1 really? Are there no sound libraries out there who can do the job you need it to.. Reverb and whatelse..? Targeting ios6.1 will leave you with a very small consumer base by the time it gets released. I would try to find a solution to target 5.x and upwards..
No, the bug is only present on 6.0.x. 5.x works fine with reverb, I support down to 4.3, but not with reverb. I think not many people are gone stay on 6.0.x when 6.1. comes out, as there is some serious issues with 6.0.x.

But thank you for your input, you have really made me reconsider universal. It was of course my intention from the start, but it was easier just to focus on one version to make release at all!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblank View Post
This looks SICK. I will be getting it on my ipad for sure!
Glad to hear you have an ipad as well! consider joining my beta program. Drop me an pm if you're interested!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Can you make it into a space shooter? Graphics look really cool though.
A shooter is next up! It's basically the same set-up, but endless in the horizontal direction. Sci-fi is a sure thing. Destructable terrain and particle effects never grow old!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 PM

Nice to see something fresh come along. After watching it I get the impression that I'm traveling through the brain of... something; passing various neural clusters, receptor sites, neurotransmitters passing between them and electrical activity in the distance.

Hrm.. how about CorticalWarp for a name?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow this looks stunning! Great job!

I quite like Hyperdive as a name too, and agree about voxel being overdone and too much about the technique not the end result (actually seriously underselling it judging by the video!) but I'd love to give some suggestions anyway.

CloudFlow
FractalFlow
Fractal Flight
Coral Dive
Mist Chaser
Cloud Scraper
Nebulous Fall
Nebula Freefall
Starsytem Skydive

...meh

I'd be more than happy to beta test for you. I'd probably come up with some better names once I have a feel for it by playing too!

If you need I have ipad mini, ipad 4 and iPhone 4 and 5. Will give feedback and name ideas

What do you need?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea2stars View Post
Nice to see something fresh come along. After watching it I get the impression that I'm traveling through the brain of... something; passing various neural clusters, receptor sites, neurotransmitters passing between them and electrical activity in the distance.

Hrm.. how about CorticalWarp for a name?
Haha, i like your associations! Maybe neuronaut, or something. Too bad psychonaut is already taken!