Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM
gjestland gjestland is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Default

@the_loafer: i'm definively leaning towards hyperdive. Thank you for your support!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 PM
mr.Ugly's Avatar
mr.Ugly mr.Ugly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,623
Default

Hmm hyperdive sounds very generic.. imho you should not force yourself to a descriptive title that sound so bland and completly does not represent the feeling i have when watching the video.. Its looks so much more than hyperdive..

Anyway looks very interesting.. and do yourself a favour and make this universal from the get go..

You missjugde the smaller screen, especially if you yourself are mostly using the ipad for gaming. Gamer who play on iphone & co are used to play on it and do it very fine even without the bigger screen estate and the higher prescision you can achieve on the big one.

If you are still uncertain, do a betatest and invite a mixed bag of ios isers with different devices..

I mean hell, people play gta on zhe iphone which is crammed from top to bottom with virtual buttons and they still enjoy it..

As for 6.1 really? Are there no sound libraries out there who can do the job you need it to.. Reverb and whatelse..? Targeting ios6.1 will leave you with a very small consumer base by the time it gets released. I would try to find a solution to target 5.x and upwards.


anyway... good luck and looking forward to it
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
agentblank agentblank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjestland View Post
@agentblank: it's easy to release as an universal build, but i am afraid that iphone users are going to hate it, because the screen is just too small. But maybe i will release as ipad first and the add universal support a bit later.
This looks SICK. I will be getting it on my ipad for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Connector Connector is offline
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 14,835
Default

Can you make it into a space shooter? Graphics look really cool though.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 PM
gjestland gjestland is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
Hmm hyperdive sounds very generic.. imho you should not force yourself to a descriptive title that sound so bland and completly does not represent the feeling i have when watching the video.. Its looks so much more than hyperdive..
it's still not decided. Feel free to come with suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
Anyway looks very interesting.. and do yourself a favour and make this universal from the get go.
Thanks, i will take your suggestion and test it out on the betatesters. It will probably have to look a bit different, and i havent gotten retina to work yet. Retina for ipad3 and beyond is out of the question, and probably only for iphone5 and up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
As for 6.1 really? Are there no sound libraries out there who can do the job you need it to.. Reverb and whatelse..? Targeting ios6.1 will leave you with a very small consumer base by the time it gets released. I would try to find a solution to target 5.x and upwards..
No, the bug is only present on 6.0.x. 5.x works fine with reverb, I support down to 4.3, but not with reverb. I think not many people are gone stay on 6.0.x when 6.1. comes out, as there is some serious issues with 6.0.x.

But thank you for your input, you have really made me reconsider universal. It was of course my intention from the start, but it was easier just to focus on one version to make release at all!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:04 PM
gjestland gjestland is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblank View Post
This looks SICK. I will be getting it on my ipad for sure!
Glad to hear you have an ipad as well! consider joining my beta program. Drop me an pm if you're interested!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 PM
gjestland gjestland is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Can you make it into a space shooter? Graphics look really cool though.
A shooter is next up! It's basically the same set-up, but endless in the horizontal direction. Sci-fi is a sure thing. Destructable terrain and particle effects never grow old!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Sea2stars Sea2stars is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Nice to see something fresh come along. After watching it I get the impression that I'm traveling through the brain of... something; passing various neural clusters, receptor sites, neurotransmitters passing between them and electrical activity in the distance.

Hrm.. how about CorticalWarp for a name?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Baracus Baracus is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 511
Default

Wow this looks stunning! Great job!

I quite like Hyperdive as a name too, and agree about voxel being overdone and too much about the technique not the end result (actually seriously underselling it judging by the video!) but I'd love to give some suggestions anyway.

CloudFlow
FractalFlow
Fractal Flight
Coral Dive
Mist Chaser
Cloud Scraper
Nebulous Fall
Nebula Freefall
Starsytem Skydive

...meh

I'd be more than happy to beta test for you. I'd probably come up with some better names once I have a feel for it by playing too!

If you need I have ipad mini, ipad 4 and iPhone 4 and 5. Will give feedback and name ideas

What do you need?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 AM
gjestland gjestland is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea2stars View Post
Nice to see something fresh come along. After watching it I get the impression that I'm traveling through the brain of... something; passing various neural clusters, receptor sites, neurotransmitters passing between them and electrical activity in the distance.

Hrm.. how about CorticalWarp for a name?
Haha, i like your associations! Maybe neuronaut, or something. Too bad psychonaut is already taken!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent