Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

This is embarrassing, but I'm struggling with the third mission (I think - the one where you attack a convoy of Islemen). I don't want to hide in the back because of the time limit for the third medal, which seems possible to get... but I never have enough left for the invocati. I don't think I'm using my cavalry efficiently enough.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
Yes, yes, yes and yes. Well kinda. =D

Edit: Raaawrrr! Nekkid rage!
Any chance for more details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlisimo View Post
This is embarrassing, but I'm struggling with the third mission (I think - the one where you attack a convoy of Islemen). I don't want to hide in the back because of the time limit for the third medal, which seems possible to get... but I never have enough left for the invocati. I don't think I'm using my cavalry efficiently enough.
I got the third star by staying back. A lot of the Invocati and Kaysani energy was spent beating up on eachother. I moped up what was left afterwards.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:46 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I'd advice staying back too. Don't give sweet targets to the Sunsouls. I usually keep my cavalry to the right and sweep round towards the Invocati by mission's end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberskooper View Post
Any chance for more details?
•••Spoiler:  I don't think I wanna share too much since it'll all appear in multiplayer at some point. I will say though, that there is a legitimate Evil brewing and Agrios was only the most overt hint towards it.

Now, Cloe.. is actually related closely to the Evil.

Hopefully Mercs does well enough that we can keep going so we can explore that storyline. =)
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
•••Spoiler:  I don't think I wanna share too much since it'll all appear in multiplayer at some point. I will say though, that there is a legitimate Evil brewing and Agrios was only the most overt hint towards it.

Now, Cloe.. is actually related closely to the Evil.

Hopefully Mercs does well enough that we can keep going so we can explore that storyline. =)
Ugh, you've gotten me more interested. Now I'm going to spend time guessing what it might be. It's certainly got something to do with •••Spoiler:  the Hasi. At first I figured •••Spoiler:  that there is going to be some sort of return of the ancients type thing and when they come back they're going to be mad. I think that's what happened in Starcraft. I also figured that the Lyri are somehow blood-related to this ancient civilization. Hopefully we'll get to find out!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the advice. Hanging back was the one thing I didn't try, because I was afraid I'd run out of time (i.e. not kill them by the 12th turn). I'll try that tonight.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 PM

Is there a different thread for Mercs? Or is this is the thread for all things Ravenmark?

Couple questions on Mercs:

Do daggers you might earn come with hero units attached? Can you hire and attach heros to daggers for battles? Do daggers gain skills/experience the more you use them? How does the game limit the number of merc daggers you have ( not in a given battle but overall? ) Will you progress any parts of the Ravenmark story arc in mercs?

Finally, congrats on your final set of Ravenmark scenarios. I remember downloading this game day 1 and thinking what a niche ( but awesome ) product this seemed to be. You guys promised expansions and I wasn't sure if it would happen, but you guys delivered above and beyond.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Hanging back was the one thing I didn't try, because I was afraid I'd run out of time (i.e. not kill them by the 12th turn). I'll try that tonight.
Do tell if it works for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
Is there a different thread for Mercs? Or is this is the thread for all things Ravenmark?

Couple questions on Mercs:

Do daggers you might earn come with hero units attached? Can you hire and attach heros to daggers for battles? Do daggers gain skills/experience the more you use them? How does the game limit the number of merc daggers you have ( not in a given battle but overall? ) Will you progress any parts of the Ravenmark story arc in mercs?

Finally, congrats on your final set of Ravenmark scenarios. I remember downloading this game day 1 and thinking what a niche ( but awesome ) product this seemed to be. You guys promised expansions and I wasn't sure if it would happen, but you guys delivered above and beyond.
I guess we'll keep talking about Mercs here until we have some solid stuff to start a 'coming soon' thread. =)

- Players don't gain Daggers actually. They hire a full Brigade made up of multiple Daggers and some of these Brigades have a leader/commander attached.

- Brigades gain levels, yup. When they level up, you will also have the option to give them a Citation/Medal that gives them some bonuses on the battlefield.

- Core Brigades have no limit, while each Heroes Brigades are considered unique.

- We'll delve into the story more if Mercs does well enough. =)

Thank you so much! Support from you guys kept us going. We hope to keep making great games for years to come! =D
Old 01-21-2013, 11:14 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
I guess we'll keep talking about Mercs here until we have some solid stuff to start a 'coming soon' thread. =)

- Players don't gain Daggers actually. They hire a full Brigade made up of multiple Daggers and some of these Brigades have a leader/commander attached.

- Brigades gain levels, yup. When they level up, you will also have the option to give them a Citation/Medal that gives them some bonuses on the battlefield.

- Core Brigades have no limit, while each Heroes Brigades are considered unique.

- We'll delve into the story more if Mercs does well enough. =)

Thank you so much! Support from you guys kept us going. We hope to keep making great games for years to come! =D
What happens when a brigade is destroyed or reduced in strength? If you had a veteran brigade and it gets destroyed, is it gone for good? I assume that's the incentive of retreating rather than being decimated. What if a unique brigade gets destroyed? Can you hire it back?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Do tell if it works for you!
Yup! I love the way the story is playing out.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Yup! I love the way the story is playing out.
Awesome. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberskooper View Post
What happens when a brigade is destroyed or reduced in strength? If you had a veteran brigade and it gets destroyed, is it gone for good? I assume that's the incentive of retreating rather than being decimated. What if a unique brigade gets destroyed? Can you hire it back?
Hmm. I think I'll first put it out there that you can't permanently lose a Brigade. When one takes losses or is completely wiped out, the player needs to replenish the troops to full strength before he can field it again. Right now, the plan is that the player can wait for the Brigade to recruit replacements or pay a sum of Silver to instantly fill the ranks.

The time needed to recruit new blood is pegged to how much of the Brigade was killed. So the more men a player lost, the longer it takes to return to full strength.