App description: The dawn is especially cruel this morning...

For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harms way.

All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldurs Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...

Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons computer roleplaying games. Customize your heros traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit and the truth.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:

* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlags Tower and more locations from the original Baldurs Gate expansion.

* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloths marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedomif you can!

* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.

* Discover countless improvements weve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition also offers the following premium content available for purchase:

* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thays dreaded Red Wizards.

* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.

* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!

* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character

Were making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see whats coming next!

Echoseven's comments:

01-17-2013, 11:36 PM
No worries, we cannot remember everything
I just went quickt over iPad bugreports on the official forum, but couldn't find anything related.
Mene, your best choice really is to contact the developers directly, either via their forum, or via email.
01-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
It's probably mentioned in ByteBrain's link, but my suggestion is to focus on ranged weapons. Only your roughest, toughest fighter-types should bother with melee at all. Even if your squishies don't know how to use missile weapons, buy them slings and bows anyway. They'll get some lucky hits, and most importantly, stay well out of the fray.
So would someone like Xzar be ok with a sling or bow? Early in the game once hes used up his magic missile (I only have 1 slot at the moment )he's pretty useless.

01-18-2013, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
So would someone like Xzar be ok with a sling or bow? Early in the game once hes used up his magic missile (I only have 1 slot at the moment )he's pretty useless.
Yep, give him and every other mage or priest a sling, it works out nicely. I don't believe they have proficiency in bows though.
Use only magic against harder enemies, especially in the beginning where magic users are weaker. Otherwise you'll have to rest after almost every battle which kills the immersion and role play a bit IMO.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
01-18-2013, 06:28 AM
Any idea when the patch is due?

Tbh I'm in two minds, cant decide to contact apple and ask for a refund or hold on for the patch and hope it fixes it.

One thing about patches though, I wish you didn't have to download the whole damn game when there's an update, for people like me on limited monthly bandwidth allowances, it can get tight. Why can't they just let you download a patch that installs and patches files, like the PC?
01-18-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Any idea when the patch is due?
It's with Apple at the moment, and barring a sudden and unexpected rejection, is due to arrive literally any day now.

Quote:
One thing about patches though, I wish you didn't have to download the whole damn game when there's an update, for people like me on limited monthly bandwidth allowances, it can get tight. Why can't they just let you download a patch that installs and patches files, like the PC?
This depends on the game and developer; quite a few recent patches for games have been delta updates, not full downloads (Vice City comes to mind: the game is over a gigabyte in size, but the December update was nowhere even close to that).
01-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
Yep, give him and every other mage or priest a sling, it works out nicely. I don't believe they have proficiency in bows though.
Use only magic against harder enemies, especially in the beginning where magic users are weaker. Otherwise you'll have to rest after almost every battle which kills the immersion and role play a bit IMO.
Cool thanks! I'll try it tonight.

Another question, do character's increase skills in weaponry the more they use them?
01-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Cool thanks! I'll try it tonight.

Another question, do character's increase skills in weaponry the more they use them?
you gain a new proficiency point every 3 levels. you can choose how to spend it.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
01-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi guys,

I wanted to get some opinions on whether to purchase Baldur's Gate now or hold off for a little longer.

I just completed Avadon and Bastion on my iPad and have recently started The Bards Tale. Currently on my 'To Do' list for RPGs is Avernum Escape from the Pit, Ravensword and Baldurs Gate (as the main ones).

I've always had a soft spot for Baldurs Gate and remember starting but never finishing the game all those years ago.

So I really want to get into it, but my question is whether I should leave it as Number 3 on my list, after Avernum and Ravensword, or bump it up to number 2 or even number 1?

Thanks and I appreciate any forthcoming replies.
01-19-2013, 07:51 PM
tarek, I'd say it depends what system you have.

If you have an ipad 3-4 then I'd grab it ASAP and play it next.

However, if like me you have an ipad2, it would either hold off for the upcoming patch or simply avoid it altogether as its unplayable right now on an ipad2.
01-19-2013, 07:59 PM
I don't understand these iPad 2 naysayers, I have an iPad2 and only an ipad2 and have zero issues. I've done 3 hour stints playing this while watching tv not a crash once.
The touch controls can be a little annoying and that's the only thing I want the patch for but other than that I just don't see the problem.