App description: "One of the most compelling games for the iPad." MacWorld Magazine, December 2013

== THE MASSIVE SEQUEL TO THE STRATEGY BOARD GAME OF THE YEAR ===
*** Games Magazine - Game of the Year !!! ***
*** Pocket Gamer Awards - Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the year! ***
*** The first big Euro board game of the iPad era. Fans are in for a really wonderful ride *** TUAW.com

Based on the phenomenally successful Small World fantasy board game with over 500,000 copies sold! Take control of insanely fun fantasy race & special power combos, such as Berserk Halflings, Triton Merchants, Alchemist Ratmen and Dragon-master Amazons, to grab all the land you can in a world that is just too small to share with your opponents!

A host of new features await you in this colossal update:
New 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious full retina mode!
Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
Play Solo against up to 4 built-in AI; Passn Play with up to 5 live opponents on a single iPad
20 new races & special powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and brand new to digital Be Not Afraid
Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly and forever rankings
Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
Extensive Game Center, Facebook and Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
Brand new musical score, sound effects, graphics and animations
Video Tutorial by Master Glandulf himself

Discover what reviewers have been raving about:

*** The art is top notch, the gameplay is really fun. Perfect for a quick head to head! *** Games Uncovered

MAJOR KUDOS TO THE 7,042 KICKSTARTER BACKERS WHO HELPED US MAKE SMALL WORLD 2 COME TO LIFE!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

HD Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
What's New in v1.1

*** NEW FEATURES ***
- The famed Cursed! and Grand Dames expansions are now available as in-game expansions. The 5 new Races and 7 new Special Powers they introduce make Small World's combos more fun and unique than ever!
- a new in-game player lets you play the song of your choice from your music library while crushing your opponent
- A new leaderboard feature captures your high scores for posterity in the Champions page.
- The Amazons player can now choose which regions to abandon in order to keep 4 tokens in reserve.

*** BUG FIXES ***
- Dragon Master :the Dragon token sometimes failed to appear when Dragon Master Power was picked. FIXED.
- AI System : The bot now temporarily stops playing when you check your combos Info out

*** AI IMPROVEMENTS ***
- Seafaring Halflings do not plave their holes-in-the-ground in seas and lake regions anymore.
- Giants are now more likely to conquer Mountain regions when it makes sense

Quote:
What's New in v1.0

** NEW FEATURES ***
- Solo Mode : play alone against your iPad !
- Select the player who plays first : player 1, player 2 or random pick.
- Amazons : The regions they vacate at the end of turn are still picked automatically, but they now leave the less valuable ones first.

*** BUG FIXES ***
- Crashing bugs.
- Flying/Underworld/Seafarings Ghoul cannot use their power anymore in decline.
- Converting a region by a Pillaging Sorcerer now gives one extra VP.
- Flying Sorcerer can now use their power for their first conquest.
- Dragon Master: cannot attack a region anymore with Dragon but no race token.
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Enough to make me buy the game in the first place I held off after seeing that it had basically been abandoned and no retina update, but knowing the v2 is coming and a free upgrade for existing owners (with price shifting from 6.99' to 9.99 for new purchases when v2 is released) I'm going to take the plunge.

I saw the board game version on wil wheatons game program and though it looked quite enjoyable.
03-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Skimming thru the new Kickstarter, it seems like as a current Small Worlds owner, I will:

Get updated to Small Worlds 2 through an App Store update on release.

Retain my two existing IAP expansions.

Be able to buy a new, Be Not Afraid, IAP expansion.

Only the Bonus Pack of 3 new races and 3 new powers will be unavailable for sale as it will be locked to KS backers.

So I am sitting this out and probably buying the Be Not Afraid expansion when it is out...

03-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Well think about it as giving them a tip for upgrading to v2.
03-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarasis View Post
Well think about it as giving them a tip for upgrading to v2.
I am, that is why I'll be buying the expansion IAP...
03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Oh, so price is going to go up on the app? I think I might buy now, then. Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm going to sit out this KS because I need to be conserving money (as far as buying the app now, I have some credit so that money has already been spent).
03-12-2013, 03:20 PM
I love that "programmer in chains" photo so much.
03-13-2013, 04:58 AM
I've had about 6 games against the AI so far and lost each one. Was close once (93vs92) but usually there is like 30 between us. Though once it whopped me by 85
03-13-2013, 09:39 AM
It's funny, Small World was on the list I had made up of the the very first things I wanted to buy when I got first got my ipad2. I never got around to picking it up and kept waiting for them to update it. Looks like they are doing it right this time. I don't really have time to play right now, so I just got the tier that includes the game for 15 bucks. That's 7 dollars more than the Triton level, the same as the cost the game is currently (going up to 10 when v2 comes out).
03-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Bear in mind if you're one of those abnormal types standing in the "wait and see" queue that not only is the price of the base app increasing, but the expansions are also going up, so picking the game up after the update will cost you quite a bit more (relatively speaking) than if you grab it now.

The new version will cost $15.97 instead of $10.97 for the game and first two expansions, and another $4.99 for the third expansion.
03-13-2013, 10:55 AM
If you can trust a publisher which completely abandoned the first app for nearly 3 years, has not provided async for TtR iPad yet and has provided a fragmented experience on the iPhone then more power to you. I'm going to be "abnormal" and watch how this plays out instead.

Obsessions: FTL | Sword of the Stars: The Pit (Gold Edition)
GC: onlyphoenix