Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Can't get enough. Just left a 5 star review on the App Store. This game is magic.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:46 AM

So glad I saw this thread, couldn't agree more with everyone else. This game is a winner! Beautiful presentation and smooth gameplay.
Also, I happen to like the current voiceovers, and prefer them to English ones. It adds charm!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by derkdegeus View Post
Hey guys,

For those of you interested in the development of Momonga, I wrote a post on our dev blog on the history of the game, how we came up with the concept and with a general timeline of the development.

http://www.paladinstudios.com/2013/0...launch-a-game/

Greets!
Derk
Good read thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks everyone! It's heartwarming and overwhelming to read all your awesome comments.

We're pretty psyched out over here at the Paladin office, we hoped that people would like it, but never expected this crazy amount of positive reactions. We even got a bottle of champagne from one of our neighbours, because Momonga made his wife *not* play WoW for an evening. Changing the world one download at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminusvitali View Post
Is this iPhone 5 optimized?
Yes, I have an iPhone 5 and it's my favorite device. You have a bit more room for your thumbs - they don't block the view.

Keep on rollin'!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:48 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just completed the supercombo challenge on the City of Xio level, that was definitely a 'punch the air' moment.

The quality of this game is just.. Well it reminds me of why I fell in love with video games as a kid. I play Momonga and it feels like a game made by Nintendo. Only a handful of games on iOS have had that effect on me, and now Momonga is definitely one of them.

An incredible achievement from a small indie team, you should be very proud.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 AM
iPad

[rant on]
To balance the amount of undiscerning praise showered over this game, here's my grumpy remark:
The one(s) who put the stupid "tilt-a-thon" flying squirrel minigame in my pinball game should be (insert favorite torture method here).

No, really, having to play it over and over in order to complete the challenges is downright infuriating (yes, I'm a completist). I bought it because I thought it's a pinball game, and I HATE tilt controls. At least let me use the flippers control instead of tilting (have you guys ever tried playing this on an iPad? not the smoothest control experience).
[rant off]

Overall, a wonderful game. I wanted a pinball game with a story and achievements since forever (as opposed to the standard, never-ending arcade type) and you deliver in spades. It's charming, beautiful, funny and endearing. My only gripe (except the one detailed above) is that I'll probably finish it tomorrow

Last edited by Eddie; 01-18-2013 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: raised the humorous tone a bit
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

There's tilt controls?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 AM
iPad

LOL, yes, there are sequences in-between the "pinball table" areas where you pilot the ball (which is a flying squirrel) by tilting the device. It's present in level 2, not sure if there are any more sequences like this later.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
The one(s) who put the stupid "tilt-a-thon" flying squirrel minigame in my pinball game should be (insert favorite torture method here).
Thanks for you honest feedback! You can send any tortures directly to our HQ for best results.

Ok so here's a tip for if you don't like the flying parts. The flying is quite "simple" in the sense that you don't die by hitting the side walls. You only die if you hit something full frontal. In the "Fly Momo Fly" level that practically means you can make yourself a cup of coffee when you start flying. In "City of Xio", you have to be a bit more careful, but I think you'll be able to go through it without tilting (heh, see what I did there?) if you position Momo carefuly.

The rest of the levels don't have any flying, so hopefully that will be more to your liking

Cheers!
Derk
Old 01-18-2013, 06:59 AM
iPad

"you have to be a bit more careful, but I think you'll be able to go through it without tilting"
Right, but if I want to complete all the challenges I need to do a LOT of flying ("grab all the stars" and "navigate through the stars without collecting any" are the culprits here).

Thanks for the fast answer, and thanks again for the game! I hope it'll sell at least as much as Angry Birds