Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

You can at least see the rivers more clearly by pressing and holding on the map.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunham View Post
You can at least see the rivers more clearly by pressing and holding on the map.
PROTIP: if it's any kind of curved or squiggly line, it's a river. If its a straight border you can attack with multiple units.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Here's another incredible Quarter To Three article where developers and gamers muse upon their favorite or most feared territories in BotB:

The Hex is Dead
http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/201...pen-mic-night/

Some excepts from the article:

Eupen
Just look at Eupen, so tall and long and forested, no roads entering it from the east, protecting Verviers and its 2 VP like a cup protects the junk, and tell me itís not the most important territory on the map. If the Allies reinforce it even a tiny bit, the Axis is forced south into a river-choked roadless passage through Malmedy. The people of Verviers will enjoy at least two extra days of cheese and wine socials before having to shine their bayonets and cock their hats.

Werbomont
It is right at that tantalizing corner of the Ourthe that is just one space away from the Meuse. Your panzers are merrily cruising along, enjoying the nice, dense forest and its big defense bonus. And then, bam! They are suddenly out in the open, stuck behind this river. So either they attack across the river, which they can only do one at a time, and probably get cut to pieces, or they sit there uselessly until the weather clears and the allies slaughter them.
Itís no better from the Allied side. ďHey, if I send some guys into Werbomont, I might be able to cut off the panzers in the north!Ē Uh huh. Nothing can go wrong with that plan.

Huy
It is the light at the end of the tunnel for the Axis. If Panzer divisions race to that territory early in the game, the Allies need to scramble to defend. From there, itís only a short drive across the Meuse at multiple points.
Yet it always seems just out of reach. Itís the high water mark in most of the games Iíve played. If the Axis canít capitalize, they need to weigh the risk of holding it. Thatís because itís one of the few territories with the clear terrain modifier. Units on both sides gain a +1 chance to hit. Battles at Huy quickly turn into a bloodbath. The Allies usually have enough reinforcements to take that trade.
Thereís never a dull moment at Huy.

Bastogne
I love how the road network around and through Bastogne has a large effect on dictating movement, as it did historically. I love how the German player is more or less forced to the north if he is unable to take the space. Mostly, I love how the placement and design of the space forces both players to make critical decisions early on. And I love that the game design gives both players a decent chance to take/ hold the space if they decide to make that their focus

Trois Ponts
If I can secure Trois Ponts in the early game, playing either side, I feel like I can take a breather. Completely untrue and probably derives from very early testing, but itís my little comfort blanket. Itís flanked by Rivers and Forest and is a key point in the Eupen-Bastogne line thatís important to both sides.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

People are thinking about starting up a tournament over at the Pocket Tactics site, Shenandoah said they may provide prizes if it gets off the ground

http://forums.pockettactics.com/disc...rnament#latest
Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Another fantastic Quarter to Three article that dissects our favorite forest and what the best first Allied impulse should be:

What's the Deal with Eupen?
http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/201...ge/#more-19486
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emos View Post
People are thinking about starting up a tournament over at the Pocket Tactics site, Shenandoah said they may provide prizes if it gets off the ground

http://forums.pockettactics.com/disc...rnament#latest
Sssshhhhhh. Don't let the riff raff in old boy.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:51 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Definetly enjoying the game, but I think for a strategy game, it should have more units variety and additional type units , that would make it much more complex and realistic, current units divide into 3 types is just too simple for a strategy like this in my humble opinion.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador View Post
Definetly enjoying the game, but I think for a strategy game, it should have more units variety and additional type units , that would make it much more complex and realistic, current units divide into 3 types is just too simple for a strategy like this in my humble opinion.
I think this operation game are on "division" level and the amount of complexity is just right so the players could concentrate on more on maneuver than micro-managing the troops.

Try playing against real human and you will find the 17th December can be really fun and exciting (and sometime desperate, too)

I think what this game needs now is in-game chat and more scenario variation options.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default First look at El-Alamein

Shenadoah Studios has released a first look at the work in progress that is El-Alamein:

http://www.shenandoah-studio.com/el-alamein/

Day one purchase for me!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yes it's a must buy for any real strategy fan and I was always particullary more interested in North Africa theatre of war which I will definety enjoy playing on division tactical level with this game.This will be a hot summer !