Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2013, 08:57 AM

HATE the "Save Me" wait button. Hope they add a "Let Me Die" button to skip the wait because this sucks.

Other things to note:

Music: With all the money they made, I expected them to at least commission a new soundtrack. It's the same music from the original game, and that was not very good.

Popins: as has noted by many, the objects being... slice-in on the distance is very... lame. I rather there was nothing on the horizon than see that lame slice-in.

Visual Cues: Unfortunately, there are too many places where you can’t tell you must turn unless you look all the time at the floor. They should have taken queues from games like Agent Dash and add some visual cues that are a bit more centered to the player's view. That would make the game extremely more enjoyable by being able to actually look at the panorama you racing through.

Back-To-Back Obstacles: Every so often you will find obstacles that are impossible to pass through without a power up. Good example would be a river followed by a spinning-spikey log.

Agent Dash set a lot of high bars on this genre (IMO) and a game of this type that does not give you the ability to slide down from mid-jump feels... archaic.

Edit to add: Oh and the tilting can use a calibration or sensitivity setting option. The default settings require me to turn my device to an uncomfortable degree. I "work" in an office with lots of lights, tilting the thing as much as it requires off me forces me to turn it into a reflective mirror... cant se @#$% and end up dying due to the light reflection. Even without reflection it is still too uncomfortable for me to hold the device at that angle.

Finally, I got to say I dislike the 90 degree slide-turns and the tilting mechanics. After playing Agent Dash and Epic Knight, the slide-to-change-lanes mechanic feels a lot more fluid. As for the turns, the game [Temple Run 2] did actually a great job with the curvy paths, it feels much more organic, but hitting those 90 degree turns kills the organic feel. Again, would have felt way better with Agent Dash style turns.

I may still give this a bit more time, I already unlocked everything on Agent Dash and all but the trinkets in Epic Knight so meh... but this gets me thinking...

Would it not be EPIC if Sega made an over-the-shoulder runner based on Sonic the Hedgehog?

Last edited by Borus; 01-18-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurf View Post
Ok whats the green shield for? Says its for obstacles but i still die with it!
Think it will protect you from ONE obstacle, it seems to break as soon as it saves you once.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

So weird trued multiple times didnt work. They need to re do this game lol
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borus View Post
Think it will protect you from ONE obstacle, it seems to break as soon as it saves you once.
Yup... just one obstacle.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Would it not be EPIC if Sega made an over-the-shoulder runner based on Sonic the Hedgehog?
They already tried at the Doodle Jump formula... maybe Temple Run is next? With Sonic natural speed, all the loops and twirls, hidden paths while in sphere mode, collecting rings, platforming and all those enemies to kill? That would be really really awesome.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurf View Post
So weird trued multiple times didnt work. They need to re do this game lol
I've used many shields since the game came out, and haven't had a single issue with them on either device on which I've played the game; the likelihood is that you either misremember what happened or simply died to something from which the shield won't protect you.

Points to note about the shield: it protects you from one obstacle, it runs out over time even if you don't use it up (important to remember), and it doesn't prevent you from falling.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM

Lots of lag and slowdowns on my iPhone 4....I wouldn't mind a dumbing down of the graphics to fix this.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:32 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilMcW00t View Post
I keep getting to these cliffs where I just fall off with nowhere to go. Is this a bug or did choose the "wrong path"? Cause that's a horrible feature. Is there a way to tell which way I should go?

Edit: Nevermind, I see now the tiny paths off to the sides now. Ugh..
I had the same problem, and unfortunately its an artificial level of difficulty added to the game engine because the game "draws in" its terrain almost right before you very eyes.

When I first started encountering these split paths with a fall off straight ahead, I would continue to fall because I was waiting for the rest of the ground to "draw in." About 3 deaths later and I figured it out, it's not going to draw in, its supposed to be like that. Sigh.

Its a real shame, my GF loves TR and TR:Brave, its all she plays. So when I showed her TR2 the first thing she says is "why does the ground suddenly appear like that?" She's the epitome of a casual gamer, and she wouldn't play games if they weren't available on her phone. To have her comment on the game's lackluster draw distance should be very troubling for Imangi.

I deleted my copy of TR2, sadly. I still have TR1 installed however.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
They already tried at the Doodle Jump formula... maybe Temple Run is next? With Sonic natural speed, all the loops and twirls, hidden paths while in sphere mode, collecting rings, platforming and all those enemies to kill? That would be really really awesome.
Plus the insane number of player characters to unlock, all with a few unique abilities. The ring mechanic can be changed to just be a currecy instead of health. Sega!!! Make Sonic Run!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
HATE the "Save Me" wait button. Hope they add a "Let Me Die" button to skip the wait because this sucks.

Other things to note:

Music: With all the money they made, I expected them to at least commission a new soundtrack. It's the same music from the original game, and that was not very good.

Popins: as has noted by many, the objects being... slice-in on the distance is very... lame. I rather there was nothing on the horizon than see that lame slice-in.

Visual Cues: Unfortunately, there are too many places where you canít tell you must turn unless you look all the time at the floor. They should have taken queues from games like Agent Dash and add some visual cues that are a bit more centered to the player's view. That would make the game extremely more enjoyable by being able to actually look at the panorama you racing through.

Back-To-Back Obstacles: Every so often you will find obstacles that are impossible to pass through without a power up. Good example would be a river followed by a spinning-spikey log.

Agent Dash set a lot of high bars on this genre (IMO) and a game of this type that does not give you the ability to slide down from mid-jump feels... archaic.

Edit to add: Oh and the tilting can use a calibration or sensitivity setting option. The default settings require me to turn my device to an uncomfortable degree. I "work" in an office with lots of lights, tilting the thing as much as it requires off me forces me to turn it into a reflective mirror... cant se @#$% and end up dying due to the light reflection. Even without reflection it is still too uncomfortable for me to hold the device at that angle.

Finally, I got to say I dislike the 90 degree slide-turns and the tilting mechanics. After playing Agent Dash and Epic Knight, the slide-to-change-lanes mechanic feels a lot more fluid. As for the turns, the game [Temple Run 2] did actually a great job with the curvy paths, it feels much more organic, but hitting those 90 degree turns kills the organic feel. Again, would have felt way better with Agent Dash style turns.

I may still give this a bit more time, I already unlocked everything on Agent Dash and all but the trinkets in Epic Knight so meh... but this gets me thinking...

I totally respect your opinion, bro. *snicker*