Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-19-2013, 05:26 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnOfPlay View Post
Ok, if I understand this, you now understand how to do the "Best Move x5" and did it, too - congrats, nice! It is very very difficult, yes!

Free Mason is probably the hardest achievement of them all, comparable maybe only to the "Best Move x9".

You can achieve Free Mason in the Shattered mode by making the bottom of the grid straight and level, like this:

Any more updates coming?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Any more updates coming?

Actually.. we are working on one - definitely some (minor) bugfixing to do, have some ideas for new stuff, but are also looking for more - so:

What would you like to see in the next update?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
More puzzles of game characters.
Ha, cool, let's what we can come up with.

Keep them coming!

Cheers!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:58 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:

A kids mode! (Hey, you asked!)
Micro Miners has a kids level (hidden near the settings) and it's just awesome. Dream of Pixels is so beautiful, but the puzzles are hard, so, I think a few super easy levels would be great.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
A kids mode! (Hey, you asked!)
Micro Miners has a kids level (hidden near the settings) and it's just awesome. Dream of Pixels is so beautiful, but the puzzles are hard, so, I think a few super easy levels would be great.
Oh I know! Awesome idea - noted!

And thanks!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Well, since you asked... : )

This is actually something I've been thinking about suggesting for a while. What about an asynchronous multiplayer mode? The way I picture it is there's a giant square (the "board") that both players have to chip away at using tetrominos. At the start of their turn each player gets a "hand" of 3 random pieces. The object is to use the pieces in clever ways to carve out the shape of one of your other pieces. For example, imagine my hand consists of a long piece, and L, and a square. I can use a long piece and an L piece and carve out a little square, and I can then use the square I already have in my hand to clear it (similar to the main game mode when you can carve out a shape and then use that piece to clear the shape for one of the achievements). After a while the board is riddled with gaps and holes and you have to try not to leave your opponent with an easy way to carve any specific shapes. Sort of like dot boxing where you don't want to set your opponent up.

When you use up your pieces they are replenished with more random ones so you always have a full hand. Play ends when there is not enough left of the board and it is no longer possible to carve out a shape. The winner is the one who successfully carved/cleared the most pieces (or maybe with the most points... Certain pieces could be worth more or less, like the zigzag would probably be worth a lot and a square or line not being worth much.) Also, there could be different boards other than a big square... like a giant star or heart or something.

Anyway, sorry if that's confusing. I'm not a game designer but I think that sounds fun!

Last edited by sweetdiss; 02-23-2013 at 02:05 AM..
Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Well, since you asked... : )

This is actually something I've been thinking about suggesting for a while. What about an asynchronous multiplayer mode? The way I picture it is there's a giant square (the "board") that both players have to chip away at using tetrominos. At the start of their turn each player gets a "hand" of 3 random pieces. The object is to use the pieces in clever ways to carve out the shape of one of your other pieces. For example, imagine my hand consists of a long piece, and L, and a square. I can use a long piece and an L piece and carve out a little square, and I can then use the square I already have in my hand to clear it (similar to the main game mode when you can carve out a shape and then use that piece to clear the shape for one of the achievements). After a while the board is riddled with gaps and holes and you have to try not to leave your opponent with an easy way to carve any specific shapes. Sort of like dot boxing where you don't want to set your opponent up.

When you use up your pieces they are replenished with more random ones so you always have a full hand. Play ends when there is not enough left of the board and it is no longer possible to carve out a shape. The winner is the one who successfully carved/cleared the most pieces (or maybe with the most points... Certain pieces could be worth more or less, like the zigzag would probably be worth a lot and a square or line not being worth much.) Also, there could be different boards other than a big square... like a giant star or heart or something.

Anyway, sorry if that's confusing. I'm not a game designer but I think that sounds fun!
Whoa, that sounds like an awesome idea - and could be a completely separate game - I think you should think about making it yourself, actually, then give some credits to us, for sparking the idea. If you do in fact decide to do it, let me know!

But ... we were thinking about a real-time multiplayer mode on an iPad in the likes of Tetris multiplayer - clearing lines would drop some lines to the opponents board. One or two of the players even suggested something like that! This one is quite big, though, at the moment not on the plans in the near future.

Cheers!
Žiga
Old 10-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Dream of Pixels for FREE

Hey, guys,

we've been awfully quite lately, but after a lengthy learning experience, we decided to do it and release Dream of Pixels for Free!

Here's some more details with the trailer in this upcoming games' Dream of Pixels for Free thread.

Would love to hear about how you like the new trailer and if anyone wants to give the Free version a go before release, we have some promo codes available to send out (PM me)!

We'll have some promo codes for the Full Version really soon as well! Please, hang on!

Cheers!
Žiga
Old 10-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default UPDATE + Promo code - huge give-away!

Hey, guys,

we'll be releasing the update to Dream of Pixels in a few hours!

Yeah, all the iOS7 fixes, and the white screen crash as well!

No new content - FOR NOW - as we've been busy getting the new Dream of Pixels for Free ready.

No worries, Dream of Pixels the Full $2.99 version stays intact, but we figured with all the amazing reviews, we gotta make this one Free and let as many players as we can play it.

Celebrating the release, we're giving away a huge number of promo codes for Twinoo and some Dream of Pixels for Free pre-release codes in this PROMO thread.

Also, we're setting all of our games to Free this Thursday - so yeah, you can wait for them to go free, or get them free right now via the promo codes - or not worry much, if you miss a promo code!

ps: we'll have some promo codes for the full version in a few hours as well! PM me for those!

pps: Also, we got this new screenshot waiting to be set free on the App Store
Tap blocks - to clear lines:

Would love to hear what you think about it and if it works at explaining the game as much as it possibly can given it's just one poor screenshot and all.

Last edited by DawnOfPlay; 10-16-2013 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: fixing the promo thread link :P
Old 10-16-2013, 03:51 AM

So the free version is separate from the full version right?

This game looks right up my street. Always find it amazing how I always think I know of every game that's out there and then come across a gem I completely missed.