Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorakZoran View Post
I sent you a pm, and here are some examples of the missing text :

It's everywhere.
I can confirm this too. Text is missing almost everywhere, and buttons have no text too.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM

Somebody posted a score of 1.8 billion, which is absurd.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:26 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capronissimo71 View Post
I can confirm this too. Text is missing almost everywhere, and buttons have no text too.
That is now fixed! thanks for reporting it. Version 2.0.3 is now on the App Store. The problem was caused by the game trying to localize text to the phone language when it shouldn't have been.
Hopefully at some point in the future I can get all the text localized, and I can turn that feature on intentionally!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Somebody posted a score of 1.8 billion, which is absurd.
If it was anyone else, I'd be investigating that score, but I know who posted it, and he is a Strategy Mode expert!

He's been playing Hexius for years, and even uncovered score related bugs in the past by scoring much higher than any else ever had.

I've actually got a set of screenshots from a game he played on an older version of Hexius.
On the last move, he had a score of over 10 billion, and had 8 multiplier lined up to add a load more score.
That score has been lost since OpenFeint shut down though.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

One more thing! The latest update (2.0.3) brings full game-resume.

So, if you play Strategy Mode a few goes at a time, you don't have to worry about the game being kicked out in the background any more.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM

Not sure what you mean about "8 multiplier lined up". You'd need a heck of a lot more multipliers than that. I'd like to see what the board looked like before that move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhasicLabs View Post
If it was anyone else, I'd be investigating that score, but I know who posted it, and he is a Strategy Mode expert!

He's been playing Hexius for years, and even uncovered score related bugs in the past by scoring much higher than any else ever had.

I've actually got a set of screenshots from a game he played on an older version of Hexius.
On the last move, he had a score of over 10 billion, and had 8 multiplier lined up to add a load more score.
That score has been lost since OpenFeint shut down though.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Not sure what you mean about "8 multiplier lined up". You'd need a heck of a lot more multipliers than that. I'd like to see what the board looked like before that move.
I meant that the final screenshot I saw was with 1 move remaining, and 8 multiplier on the board. He already had 10 billion by that point - I guess that was achieved by getting a few very large scores during the game.

I know in the past he has managed to set up 18 multipliers, which will multiply your score by 262144. If you had that many multipliers, and then managed to clear most of the board on your next go (by surrounding most of it), you would score very highly.

There is definitely an element of luck to be able to get a score like that, but you still have to be able to spot the opportunities and make the most of them.

UPDATE - I've just checked my emails, and found a video he sent me where he had set up a 20 multipliers and triggered them all - I'll drop him a mail and ask if he wants to contribute some tips to this discussion!

Last edited by PhasicLabs; 01-18-2013 at 10:15 AM..
Old 01-19-2013, 04:12 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

hi all,
this is my first post over here
i must say i've been enjoying hexius in strategy mode for a long time and i always find it very challenging.
my current score in 2.0.3 version was achieved with 18 multipliers (actually got 20 on the board but managed to blow up 18).

these scores seem absurd at beginning but they are, in fact, possible to achieve with careful playing and a bit of luck
cheers

Last edited by Alpha-PT; 01-19-2013 at 04:26 AM..
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha-PT View Post
hi all,
this is my first post over here
i must say i've been enjoying hexius in strategy mode for a long time and i always find it very challenging.
my current score in 2.0.3 version was achieved with 18 multipliers (actually got 20 on the board but managed to blow up 18).

these scores seem absurd at beginning but they are, in fact, possible to achieve with careful playing and a bit of luck
cheers
That's impressive. Usually by the time I get 10-12 on the board, it is getting very hard to maneuver without making bad things happen.

I'm curious as to general strategy. Do you try and avoid making bombs early on or try and seed a few in here and there?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:53 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

hi... this is my strategy:
i) avoid seeding bombs. i just do a few if they get embedded in a bunch of multipliers. if you plan bombs early on in the game you'll run out of space to plant 2x tiles and you'll be unable to move without "damaging" multipliers.
ii) try to couple multipliers to get free room in the board
iii) blow out everything in the very last moves.

i believe these steps will lead players to very high scores.
enjoy!
p