Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Looks like a tactical RPG played in first person which sounds interesting... Not exactly what I was expecting but I may just give this a shot now after seeing that video! Thanks again as always Sanuku for your insightful gameplay videos! You at a community pillar!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
From the video, it looks like you have to move characters individually (i.e. not as a party) even when there's no combat or danger of combat. Surely this can't be the case?
Nope, you can move both in unison (just click on the feet next to who you want to follow). I understood the gameplay a whole lot better after watching the video on the dev's website. Definitely check that out if you haven't already. This game really is A LOT like Wizardy 8, which isn't a bad thing.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:34 AM

Default Early review

So far i've completed the ship & am on level 3 of the cave system. The game has crashed 3x there is no common fault that i can see it just goes. The game itself has promise but dose need work on the inventory/spell touch controls, it's a case of trial & error to get spell's to equip. It's like the placement area is too small & precise. The character creation it also a bit on the vague side with magic schools to choose from but no clue as to what spell's each school gives you ie combat, buff's or heal. I'm looking at a complete restart now i have a little bit more insight. The main problem is lack of combat choice as you have to pick your weapon/armour class at the start & your stuck with it. The game has LOT'S of loot drops most of which are unuseable depending on your character set up, (don't know if there are any shops yet or wheather i'm carrying stuff around for nothing) i picked sword as my weapon so am unable to use the bow's i've found. Combat is also a case of figure it out yourself with action point's and range playing a huge part. I'll keep going & see how my new builds work out. ipad 3

Last edited by CATCLAW; 01-23-2013 at 12:41 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

A lite version is now available. After spending a short while with it, I think the game has tremendous potential but is currently in a pretty lackluster state; possibly around early beta stage at best. Those who are curious can at least now check it out for nothing.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I am so glad that I did not buy this one.
I tried the Lite version, and the controls are horrible.
Everything looks empty. Opening items is a pain.
I might look at it again, if they change the whole control option.
but for now.. No thanks... Sorry
Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 AM

Well, the game is definitely not for those who want a frantic fighting
experience. I can live with the controls.

The game is certainly slow going. I think it has potential and will definitely
look at it when a price drop happens.

I found the archer and spell caster
worked well for me. Rather than entering a room, exposing my fighters, I
just angled them so they would only see one or two rats though the door at a distance. I then cast fireball and shot an arrow through the door, drawing
out only I or two rats at a time. Quite often I killed one rat before he could enter
the room we where standing in.

At the beginning , I did not send my warriors down the plank to enter the lower
part of the ship where the rats were. I stayed above and moved around until
I could see the rats below. I fired a spell between the opening and plank that
descended down below and made the rats come up to me. They were easy
pickings!

It took me awhile to figure out how to use mana and health potions.
It also took me time to realize how the distance bar indicator worked.

A tutorial would have been appreciated.

Last edited by gemineye62; 01-25-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 01-26-2013, 03:35 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I tried the lite version as well. One big fault I find in the gameplay mechanics (IMO of course) is real-time but turn-limited movement when there are no threats. Or, at the very least, when you are in a purely exploratory area. I never made it into battle because I got frustrated with the amount of time it took just to open each of the chests on the ship. Walk a bit, end turn, repeat. I also can't tell if you can swap items between characters' inventories.

IMO, any multi character realtime-turnbased hybrid rpg should use a system similar to Jagged Alliance 2, Balder's Gate or a Bioware title. None of the before mentioned games requires you to take actions in turns outside of combat. If it wasn't 3d, it wouldn't be a big issue.

If you're wondering, my favorite system of those I mentioned is Jagged Alliance 2. I couldn't stand KOTOR or the other turn-based Bioshock titles because I never felt like I k we when turns were beginning or ending, and I'm not into queuing up actions. I'm sure I would prefer this game's turn system in battle much more than those Bioware titles, or Baldur's Gate, if I remember the gameplay correctly.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I tried the lite version as well. One big fault I find in the gameplay mechanics (IMO of course) is real-time but turn-limited movement when there are no threats. Or, at the very least, when you are in a purely exploratory area. I never made it into battle because I got frustrated with the amount of time it took just to open each of the chests on the ship. Walk a bit, end turn, repeat. I also can't tell if you can swap items between characters' inventories.

IMO, any multi character realtime-turnbased hybrid rpg should use a system similar to Jagged Alliance 2, Balder's Gate or a Bioware title. None of the before mentioned games requires you to take actions in turns outside of combat. If it wasn't 3d, it wouldn't be a big issue.

If you're wondering, my favorite system of those I mentioned is Jagged Alliance 2. I couldn't stand KOTOR or the other turn-based Bioshock titles because I never felt like I k we when turns were beginning or ending, and I'm not into queuing up actions. I'm sure I would prefer this game's turn system in battle much more than those Bioware titles, or Baldur's Gate, if I remember the gameplay correctly.
Actually, exploration is a breeze. Make one character follow, control the other one. Turns end automatically when both characters exhaust their movement allotment. Passing items from character to character is a breeze, too -- just drag them from their inventory to their portrait.

Really, the biggest fault with the game is the utter lack of a tutorial. Once you figure out they're user interface, you realize that the controls are quite smart and easy to use. Unfortunately, the developer just left it all there for you to figure out, and unless you have serious patience you may end up reacting like Gabrien above (no offense intended). In a way, releasing a lite version in this state is perhaps the worse marketing more they could have made, as it's way too easy to give up on something you didn't pay for.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Actually, exploration is a breeze. Make one character follow, control the other one. Turns end automatically when both characters exhaust their movement allotment. Passing items from character to character is a breeze, too -- just drag them from their inventory to their portrait.

Really, the biggest fault with the game is the utter lack of a tutorial. Once you figure out they're user interface, you realize that the controls are quite smart and easy to use. Unfortunately, the developer just left it all there for you to figure out, and unless you have serious patience you may end up reacting like Gabrien above (no offense intended). In a way, releasing a lite version in this state is perhaps the worse marketing more they could have made, as it's way too easy to give up on something you didn't pay for.
None taken, but actually I haven't given up yet. "Tremendous potential" counts for a fair bit in my book. Also, it wasn't only the lack of a tutorial that made the game feel lackluster. (Though had I not already seen a number of gameplay videos before playing, it probably would have been a significantly larger hurdle to overcome, and I agree will indeed be for most players.)
Old 01-26-2013, 10:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Hi all! I am one of the developers of Axe and Fate. immediately apologize for my English, it is probably similar to what you vydili in the game))). In the nearest patch all the text and dialogues will Translated correctly. I understand that now the main problem of the game is the dialogue and otsudstvie proper guidance on the game. Although the site has a great a help on the game.and yes control settings can be changed directly in the game menu. and yes control settings can be changed directly in the game menu