★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

01-17-2013, 02:53 AM
Got my first hail, first try in normal cave with cold and lightning. Also finally got my first garnet!!! Now to get the egg......... Sigh
01-17-2013, 07:06 AM
In past updates, what were seemingly bug fixes turned out to be new dragons hidden in the games code to be released at their preferred time. Those crazy hacker dudes found hidden dragons in the games code before, so we know now that any update with just "bug fixes" is usually more than that.

I'd certainly like to see all the remainder hybrids we're missing.

01-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbodooley View Post
Got my first hail, first try in normal cave with cold and lightning. Also finally got my first garnet!!! Now to get the egg......... Sigh
Congrats I have a question jazbodooley are you still playing pet hotel because mine has had loading issues forever and I lost all my stuff and they can not put it Back. I love that game but would have to start over and that's alot of money. I am sorry DV friends. I love Dragonvale too and play everyday and wish they would give us another island.forgive for asking here Good luck on the new dragon.
01-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Two little Hails in both breeding spots with Storm/Firefly~ o.o

Congrats on the Garnet, Jazbodooley!!

Game Center ID: Aiera Kyoto

For simplicity, call me "Ai" or "AK"
01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Ugh... Sun/moon fail

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
01-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMELESS View Post
Congrats I have a question jazbodooley are you still playing pet hotel because mine has had loading issues forever and I lost all my stuff and they can not put it Back. I love that game but would have to start over and that's alot of money. I am sorry DV friends. I love Dragonvale too and play everyday and wish they would give us another island.forgive for asking here Good luck on the new dragon.
Hi timeless! Yes, I must confess! I do still play pet hotel and I seem to be one of the fortunate ones that hasn't had too many problems (fingers crossed!) I'm level 60 something and have 464 rooms I've read the forums and a lot of people seem to have loading issues, pets kicked out of party rooms, losing friends etc I'm sorry that you're one of those unlucky ones, I really like the game. I think I would be tempted to start again if I lost my hotel........

Sorry for high jacking the DV forum! I'll stop now

By the way, just got my garnet egg for display so can relax now!!!!
01-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Man, having trouble getting my second Solstice. 0 for 5 with solstice + equinox. Doesn't seem to be the 50% sandbox shows.

However, while I got a sun/moon fail on EBI going for hail, I then got back to back hails from the cave!

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
01-18-2013, 08:40 AM
I need to redecorate/rearrange in the worst way. I just had to plop a Cold Habitat in the middle of my shrine/junk island to make room for Hail. Who has the time? It would be easier if I were starting off with a blank island. But shuffling everything around already packed islands without selling everything off takes too much time and effort. It doesn't help that I have one island dedicated to nothing but eggs.
01-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Got both Hail with cold+lighting....after a sun fail

I know this is a horrid thing to say...but I'm hoping for no epics in the next 2 weeks.
I'll be aboard ship with no wifi connection. I haven't missed a dragon yet since this game came online, and I'll be heartbroken if I do. I shall be going thru Dragonvale withdrawal till Feb 2.
01-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeneez View Post
Got both Hail with cold+lighting....after a sun fail

I know this is a horrid thing to say...but I'm hoping for no epics in the next 2 weeks.
I'll be aboard ship with no wifi connection. I haven't missed a dragon yet since this game came online, and I'll be heartbroken if I do. I shall be going thru Dragonvale withdrawal till Feb 2.
I got both of my Hails with Firefly/Storm with a 48 hr in the middle.

Not sure what limited dragon will be next, nothing special that I can think of until Feb. 14. Hoping for another island (even though loading time is already slow) and an Epic Shrine. Just did a recap of Epics and I have 76. Probably need to sell some but can't bring myself to do it .