★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-18-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Right, but if I want to complete all the challenges I need to do a LOT of flying
Well, they're called "challenges" for a reason.
01-18-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Right, but if I want to complete all the challenges I need to do a LOT of flying ("grab all the stars" and "navigate through the stars without collecting any" are the culprits here).
Yes, that's true, no other way to complete those than to fly... Well, good luck

01-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
LOL, yes, there are sequences in-between the "pinball table" areas where you pilot the ball (which is a flying squirrel) by tilting the device. It's present in level 2, not sure if there are any more sequences like this later.
Ahhh those parts. I was hoping for a way to bump the table.
01-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Congrats on making the iTunes Store front page!
01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Congrats on making the iTunes Store front page!
Indeed! Let us know how many millions you make
01-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks everyone for all the kind words and the support!

Ok here are some stats:

We are now #83 in the US, and have reached the top 100 in many other countries. There are now nearly 4000 players in Game Center, adding 100-150 per hour. I'll give you some sales numbers when we have more data, but this is very much in line with what we see in iTunes Connect.

This is actually a pretty darn good start! We got featured all over the place, on 1200 spots in total (are there 1200 spots to get featured?!)

In terms of sales, I hope that it's only the beginning - or at least that we can keep up these rates for a while. Time will tell and I will keep you posted

Have a great weekend and see you soon!

Cheers,
Derk
01-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derkdegeus View Post
Thanks everyone for all the kind words and the support!

Ok here are some stats:

We are now #83 in the US, and have reached the top 100 in many other countries. There are now nearly 4000 players in Game Center, adding 100-150 per hour. I'll give you some sales numbers when we have more data, but this is very much in line with what we see in iTunes Connect.

This is actually a pretty darn good start! We got featured all over the place, on 1200 spots in total (are there 1200 spots to get featured?!)

In terms of sales, I hope that it's only the beginning - or at least that we can keep up these rates for a while. Time will tell and I will keep you posted

Have a great weekend and see you soon!

Cheers,
Derk
That's great news! Good to know you are starting out well. This may well mean Paladin Studios is a go! Future projects, updates and other stuff. Grats guys!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-19-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm interested to hear how many copies this sold to date?
01-19-2013, 02:08 AM
I have been playing this for about 30minutes just now, and just as I expected from the previews and first impressions that I have read - this is a great little game, and a steal at its current price. Significant amount of polish in all departments!

One thing that I would request is a quicker retry/restart level button. I'm a perfectionist, wanting to complete all the challenges as I go. I feel like it takes a bit too many clicks/touches to get back into the game. Or maybe a way not to show cutscenes each time you restart? Again, this is something small that in no way affects gameplay, but it would be nice to have.

Congrats on early success and keep at it!
01-19-2013, 03:07 AM
You guys made this week's TouchArcade podcast! And they are very positive on Momonga!

The good news keeps on coming. Really, I'm so excited for you and I don't even know you. It's a bit "bananas" as Eli says on the show.

Looking forward to your charting update after the podcast hits the ears of the TA listeners.