App description: WHERE EPIC FANTASY AND TIMELESS TURN-BASED STRATEGY UNITE! Awarded the Charles S. Roberts Award for Best Science-Fiction or Fantasy Computer Wargame!

*** CRITICS' CHOICE ***

"...Were especially big fans of games like Nintendos Advance Wars. RAVENMARK is striving to be a spiritual successor to that venerable franchise, and there are sublime moments where it comes pretty damn close." - Gizmodo UK

"The art is lovely, the strategy surprisingly deep and well-rounded." - Kotaku

"Witching Hour's maiden project Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion is almost everything this iPhone-touting strategy game aficionado could ask for... A complete and utter joy." - TouchArcade, 4.5 out of 5 stars

"A classy debut that hits all the right notes and puts other turn-based strategies in the shade." - Tap! Magazine UK, 5 out of 5 stars

"Players looking for a truly epic strategy experience on the iOS platform should grab this game immediately." - 148Apps, 4.5 out of 5 stars

------------

Witching Hour Studios presents RAVENMARK: Scourge of Estellion, a refreshing take on turn-based strategy set in the completely original world of Eclisse.

Driven by an epic tale of conquest and redemption, the single-player battles and cutscenes of RAVENMARK are gorgeously rendered in lovingly hand-painted 2D. Feel the sound and fury of war as you dig into the most satisfying strategy experience iOS has to offer!

THE SCOURGE OF ESTELLION
In a land known as Eclisse, where a great sun and three moons rule the azure skies, the ruling Empire of Estellion is beset by a great scourge from their past the sun-eating mystics from the forgotten nation of Kaysan. Follow the mark of the raven and the heroes who march under its dark wings, as they struggle to survive under the weight of ruthless ambition and political intrigue!

DYNAMIC TURN-BASED COMBAT
In RAVENMARK, nothing matters more than strategic troop placement! Command an army to fight in campaign battles, where a round of combat begins with the Command Phase to issue instructions, but no action is taken until the Battle Phase, where friend and foe can act and attack simultaneously Plan your moves carefully to emerge victorious against the challenging A.I. in each mission.

DOMINATE BATTLES THROUGH THE TOUCH INTERFACE
Explore a myriad of tactics at your fingertips with intuitive touch controls and unique management systems, like the Formation system: Group up to three units of a kind into a single formation, which enables special abilities and buffs to crush enemies quicker. The Standing Order system offers A.I. assisted commands that address the headaches of micro-managing the entire army every round. Use these tools to develop your own novel strategies and overcome the odds!

THE SYMPHONY OF WAR
A rousing cinematic soundtrack underscores the tension and drama that unfolds in the battlefields of RAVENMARK. Composed by Josh Whelchel, lauded for his work with Castle Story and Wind-up Knight, the music will immerse you ever deeper into the world of Eclisse!

A VAST LORE TO EXPLORE
Venture into the Codex, an in-game encyclopedia which documents the richly storied history and cultures of Eclisse. Unlock new entries as you progress through the campaigns and encounter new nations, characters, locales and more!

EXPLORE the world of RAVENMARK: http://www.ravenmark-saga.com

LIKE it on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga

Follow the development of RAVENMARK on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RavenmarkSaga

Jdragoon19's comments:


HD Gameplay Trailer (iPhone/First few Minutes of Gameplay):


Videos provided by Sanuku.
01-17-2013, 07:48 PM
This is embarrassing, but I'm struggling with the third mission (I think - the one where you attack a convoy of Islemen). I don't want to hide in the back because of the time limit for the third medal, which seems possible to get... but I never have enough left for the invocati. I don't think I'm using my cavalry efficiently enough.
01-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
Yes, yes, yes and yes. Well kinda. =D

Edit: Raaawrrr! Nekkid rage!
Any chance for more details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlisimo View Post
This is embarrassing, but I'm struggling with the third mission (I think - the one where you attack a convoy of Islemen). I don't want to hide in the back because of the time limit for the third medal, which seems possible to get... but I never have enough left for the invocati. I don't think I'm using my cavalry efficiently enough.
I got the third star by staying back. A lot of the Invocati and Kaysani energy was spent beating up on eachother. I moped up what was left afterwards.

01-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlisimo View Post
This is embarrassing, but I'm struggling with the third mission (I think - the one where you attack a convoy of Islemen). I don't want to hide in the back because of the time limit for the third medal, which seems possible to get... but I never have enough left for the invocati. I don't think I'm using my cavalry efficiently enough.
I'd advice staying back too. Don't give sweet targets to the Sunsouls. I usually keep my cavalry to the right and sweep round towards the Invocati by mission's end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberskooper View Post
Any chance for more details?
I don't think I wanna share too much since it'll all appear in multiplayer at some point. I will say though, that there is a legitimate Evil brewing and Agrios was only the most overt hint towards it.

Now, Cloe.. is actually related closely to the Evil.

Hopefully Mercs does well enough that we can keep going so we can explore that storyline. =)

Ian Gregory, Creative Director at Witching Hour Studios
www.ravenmark-saga.com
www.witching-hour.net
www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga
01-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
I don't think I wanna share too much since it'll all appear in multiplayer at some point. I will say though, that there is a legitimate Evil brewing and Agrios was only the most overt hint towards it.

Now, Cloe.. is actually related closely to the Evil.

Hopefully Mercs does well enough that we can keep going so we can explore that storyline. =)
Ugh, you've gotten me more interested. Now I'm going to spend time guessing what it might be. It's certainly got something to do with the Hasi. At first I figured that there is going to be some sort of return of the ancients type thing and when they come back they're going to be mad. I think that's what happened in Starcraft. I also figured that the Lyri are somehow blood-related to this ancient civilization. Hopefully we'll get to find out!
01-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. Hanging back was the one thing I didn't try, because I was afraid I'd run out of time (i.e. not kill them by the 12th turn). I'll try that tonight.
01-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Is there a different thread for Mercs? Or is this is the thread for all things Ravenmark?

Couple questions on Mercs:

Do daggers you might earn come with hero units attached? Can you hire and attach heros to daggers for battles? Do daggers gain skills/experience the more you use them? How does the game limit the number of merc daggers you have ( not in a given battle but overall? ) Will you progress any parts of the Ravenmark story arc in mercs?

Finally, congrats on your final set of Ravenmark scenarios. I remember downloading this game day 1 and thinking what a niche ( but awesome ) product this seemed to be. You guys promised expansions and I wasn't sure if it would happen, but you guys delivered above and beyond.
01-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlisimo View Post
Thanks for the advice. Hanging back was the one thing I didn't try, because I was afraid I'd run out of time (i.e. not kill them by the 12th turn). I'll try that tonight.
Do tell if it works for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
Is there a different thread for Mercs? Or is this is the thread for all things Ravenmark?

Couple questions on Mercs:

Do daggers you might earn come with hero units attached? Can you hire and attach heros to daggers for battles? Do daggers gain skills/experience the more you use them? How does the game limit the number of merc daggers you have ( not in a given battle but overall? ) Will you progress any parts of the Ravenmark story arc in mercs?

Finally, congrats on your final set of Ravenmark scenarios. I remember downloading this game day 1 and thinking what a niche ( but awesome ) product this seemed to be. You guys promised expansions and I wasn't sure if it would happen, but you guys delivered above and beyond.
I guess we'll keep talking about Mercs here until we have some solid stuff to start a 'coming soon' thread. =)

- Players don't gain Daggers actually. They hire a full Brigade made up of multiple Daggers and some of these Brigades have a leader/commander attached.

- Brigades gain levels, yup. When they level up, you will also have the option to give them a Citation/Medal that gives them some bonuses on the battlefield.

- Core Brigades have no limit, while each Heroes Brigades are considered unique.

- We'll delve into the story more if Mercs does well enough. =)

Thank you so much! Support from you guys kept us going. We hope to keep making great games for years to come! =D

Ian Gregory, Creative Director at Witching Hour Studios
www.ravenmark-saga.com
www.witching-hour.net
www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga
01-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
I guess we'll keep talking about Mercs here until we have some solid stuff to start a 'coming soon' thread. =)

- Players don't gain Daggers actually. They hire a full Brigade made up of multiple Daggers and some of these Brigades have a leader/commander attached.

- Brigades gain levels, yup. When they level up, you will also have the option to give them a Citation/Medal that gives them some bonuses on the battlefield.

- Core Brigades have no limit, while each Heroes Brigades are considered unique.

- We'll delve into the story more if Mercs does well enough. =)

Thank you so much! Support from you guys kept us going. We hope to keep making great games for years to come! =D
What happens when a brigade is destroyed or reduced in strength? If you had a veteran brigade and it gets destroyed, is it gone for good? I assume that's the incentive of retreating rather than being decimated. What if a unique brigade gets destroyed? Can you hire it back?
01-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
Do tell if it works for you!
Yup! I love the way the story is playing out.
01-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlisimo View Post
Yup! I love the way the story is playing out.
Awesome. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberskooper View Post
What happens when a brigade is destroyed or reduced in strength? If you had a veteran brigade and it gets destroyed, is it gone for good? I assume that's the incentive of retreating rather than being decimated. What if a unique brigade gets destroyed? Can you hire it back?
Hmm. I think I'll first put it out there that you can't permanently lose a Brigade. When one takes losses or is completely wiped out, the player needs to replenish the troops to full strength before he can field it again. Right now, the plan is that the player can wait for the Brigade to recruit replacements or pay a sum of Silver to instantly fill the ranks.

The time needed to recruit new blood is pegged to how much of the Brigade was killed. So the more men a player lost, the longer it takes to return to full strength.

Ian Gregory, Creative Director at Witching Hour Studios
www.ravenmark-saga.com
www.witching-hour.net
www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.