Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I grew up with cats. Arthur was the best cat there ever was. I miss him. Unfortunately my youngest son is allergic to cats and dogs, but especially cats, so no cats for us. Which is really a shame because he loves cats and dogs.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Just wait until you own a dog...best pets ever.
I have 4 dogs and 3 cats. Cats are way smarter, and are better companions.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Dogs>Cats. End of discussion.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyomi View Post
I have 4 dogs and 3 cats. Cats are way smarter, and are better companions.
Dogs are more loyal. And they're very social.

My granddad's dog saved his life yesterday. He was lying in sauna(he did turn it off and it was only like 50 Celsius) and he somehow got his hand stuck under him and he couldn't move it. So basically he stayed there for 11 hours without any sleep, food or liquid and all that time his hand didn't receive any blood, because it was under him and he couldn't move it. If it wasn't for the dog, who started because he wanted to pee and possibly eat(he was stuck from 5pm to 4am so obviously dog has needs), the neighbour wouldn't of waken up and come to rescue. Good thing granddad gave neighbour a key.

After that he was immediately given litre of water and rushed to the hospital and in a couple of hours he had a surgery for the arm. I don't know the terms in English, but it has something to do with kidney, toxicated blood, because of no circulation and you know how arm like dies when it doesn't receive blood.

Dog saved him Dogs are the best pets!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM
iPad mini 2

Now:
Two dogs chihuahua/terrier mix (with my parents)
Two cats maine coon mix
Two aquatic musk turtles
Two leopard geckos
One crested gecko
One Greek tortoise

Had:
One crocodile gecko
One black and green poison dart frog

Had frogs before but they required high maintenance and didn't last very long with me :/ Planning to get an Alaskan Klee Kai husky, gargoyle gecko, viper gecko and an anole...
Old 01-18-2013, 04:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

^thats a lot of pets
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Sooo...anyone ever had a dog get sprayed by a skunk?

Mine was twice not pleasant.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

It's true that dogs are more social and loyal. I had a dog once, we sadly had to put him to sleep a few years ago. When I say "we" I mean my parents. They never even told me that they put it to sleep. When I asked "where is Rex?" they just made grim faces. After a week or two I accepted that he's definitely not coming back (I thought he got lost, again or something). I overheard my father once (after some months) how hard it was for him to watch the dog dying when the veterinarian gave him an injection. The dog slowly walked to his feet, looked up and laid on his feet. Since then I always wanted another dog, but my father is against it (now I know why, at least... He wouldn't want to ever watch a dog dying on his feet again), so we got cats. Cats are less social and not that loyal. But they can take better care of themselves than dogs.

R.I.P. Rex.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
It's true that dogs are more social and loyal. I had a dog once, we sadly had to put him to sleep a few years ago. When I say "we" I mean my parents. They never even told me that they put it to sleep. When I asked "where is Rex?" they just made grim faces. After a week or two I accepted that he's definitely not coming back (I thought he got lost, again or something). I overheard my father once (after some months) how hard it was for him to watch the dog dying when the veterinarian gave him an injection. The dog slowly walked to his feet, looked up and laid on his feet. Since then I always wanted another dog, but my father is against it (now I know why, at least... He wouldn't want to ever watch a dog dying on his feet again), so we got cats. Cats are less social and not that loyal. But they can take better care of themselves than dogs.

R.I.P. Rex.
That's sad. I could never watch my dog die; I'm far to close to her. She literally shadows me around the house 24/7, and if I happen to close a door in her face she'll start whining, howling and bumping the door with her nose.

I think I'd be emotionally devastated for at least a month. It's crazy how close you can get to an animal.

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-21-2013 at 10:55 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
That's sad. I could never watch my dog die; I'm far to close to her. She literally shadows me around the house 24/7, and if I happen to close a door in her face she'll start whining, howling and bumping the door with her nose.

I think I'd be emotionally devastated for at least a month. It's crazy how close you can get to an animal.
Yep I remember when the time came and Bobo our 19.5year old mutt was finally declining we brought him to the vet to say goodbye. They asked if we wanted to stay during the procedure but we were so broken up we just said fairwell old friend Rest in peace Bobo