Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borus View Post
HATE the "Save Me" wait button. Hope they add a "Let Me Die" button to skip the wait because this sucks.

Other things to note:

Music: With all the money they made, I expected them to at least commission a new soundtrack. It's the same music from the original game, and that was not very good.

Popins: as has noted by many, the objects being... slice-in on the distance is very... lame. I rather there was nothing on the horizon than see that lame slice-in.

Visual Cues: Unfortunately, there are too many places where you canít tell you must turn unless you look all the time at the floor. They should have taken queues from games like Agent Dash and add some visual cues that are a bit more centered to the player's view. That would make the game extremely more enjoyable by being able to actually look at the panorama you racing through.

Back-To-Back Obstacles: Every so often you will find obstacles that are impossible to pass through without a power up. Good example would be a river followed by a spinning-spikey log.

Agent Dash set a lot of high bars on this genre (IMO) and a game of this type that does not give you the ability to slide down from mid-jump feels... archaic.

Edit to add: Oh and the tilting can use a calibration or sensitivity setting option. The default settings require me to turn my device to an uncomfortable degree. I "work" in an office with lots of lights, tilting the thing as much as it requires off me forces me to turn it into a reflective mirror... cant se @#$% and end up dying due to the light reflection. Even without reflection it is still too uncomfortable for me to hold the device at that angle.

Finally, I got to say I dislike the 90 degree slide-turns and the tilting mechanics. After playing Agent Dash and Epic Knight, the slide-to-change-lanes mechanic feels a lot more fluid. As for the turns, the game [Temple Run 2] did actually a great job with the curvy paths, it feels much more organic, but hitting those 90 degree turns kills the organic feel. Again, would have felt way better with Agent Dash style turns.

I may still give this a bit more time, I already unlocked everything on Agent Dash and all but the trinkets in Epic Knight so meh... but this gets me thinking...

Would it not be EPIC if Sega made an over-the-shoulder runner based on Sonic the Hedgehog?
I totally respect your opinion, bro. *snicker*