Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
And yet... this is not what I was saying at all. My posts were replies to your statement and not against dead trigger or Madfinger. I do understand they need money. I was just saying that you should not sugarcoat everything.
I wasn't sugarcoating anything.

What I said was accurate. They are a great company. They deserve support. They need money in order to survive in the iOS business. That is not sugarcoating. It's reality.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:31 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
I wasn't sugarcoating anything.

What I said was accurate. They are a great company. They deserve support. They need money in order to survive in the iOS business. That is not sugarcoating. It's reality.
Maybe they could make their premium freemium games premium? They won't because they are not premium, they are freemium. If they made such good games then those games would have a price tag
Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Cliffsnotes: Remember all those dudes who were absolutely insane over Minigore and the crazy mob mentality that ensued between people who liked and didn't like that game? Well, replace "Minigore" with "Dead Trigger" and there you go.
Yeah, well, you can see it's very civil in here, just interesting debates. Those Minigore groupies and haterz are the worst. They make Toucharcade look really bad. Unlike us, who show a lot of class and humour here. Except of course, that one guy, who always uses the term, I ❤, for everything...

Last edited by Connector; 01-18-2013 at 03:41 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
Dead trigger 2 is gonna be awesome. Haters gonna hate, I'm sure JBRUU will back me up here.
Wow, look at Madfingers response to Jbruus post....

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...163961&page=45

Go Madfinger go!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

The Head Potentate can only take so many cutting remarks before he sends his goons in...you have been warned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Wow, look at Madfingers response to Jbruus post....

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...163961&page=45

Go Madfinger go!
Yeah sure, they also cut out A5 devices from Shadowgun THD effects because...why? T3 got killed by the A5 in GPU benchmarks yet it didn't have full effects. It's called Tegra exclusive effects. I don't really buy it, especially seeing as there are much more impressive games graphically and technically than DT2's demo that run fine, and on the same engine too.

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-18-2013 at 03:38 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
The Head Potentate can only take so many cutting remarks before he sends his goons in...you have been warned.

Yeah sure, they also cut out A5 devices from Shadowgun THD effects because...why? T3 got killed by the A5 in GPU benchmarks yet it didn't have full effects. It's called Tegra exclusive effects. I don't really buy it, especially seeing as there are much more impressive games graphically and technically than DT2's demo that run fine, and on the same engine too.
Yes, Mr. Head Proponent (as you seem to wish to be called),

You do have some valid statements that the Tegra may have indeed have been shown some favoritism while coding, but it is interesting that Madfinger chose to respond to your posts regarding the Tegra and Dead Trigger 2.

I kinda feel the two cpus are in the same ballpark, so honestly, its more the coding that matters at this point. Case in point is the difference in games now between the ipad 3/4. Even though benchmarks are showing twice the performance, there is very little difference in many games right now. Maybe only a slight difference in framerates or special effects. So coding is the most important thing, will developers push the processors to the limit?

What I am curious about is how good will the top devices run this game? Will the ipad 4 version be much better than the ipad 3/2/mini. Will the tegra be so much better than other tablets (this maybe hard caus they have a lot of fragmentation of older devices). I could see a developer wanting to play it safe to not offend previous generation owners, and not putting much effort into the ipad 4 version.

However, the tegra version is the showpiece for both nvidia and madfinger, so of course, they probably would put alot of time into that one to make sure it will impress. The ipad 4 version? I wonder if it will be like the ipad 3 version, or a whole level above. Just doesn't seem much benefit to madfinger or nvidia to put much effort into the ipad 4 version, all they are gonna get is more headaches like 1 star reviews from jealous previous generation owners, more development costs, more potential for bugs, just more headaches.

The tegra version will be a showpiece, I really don't think the ipad 4 version will be as good, but that is my opinion. Not that it can't be, but realistic issues will come into play. My two cents worth, if you feel differently, please respond, but don't send more goons!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:06 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Android gets another pretty tech demo. iOS gets Ravensword 2, Forgotten Memories, Heroes & Castles. No comparison.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
Maybe they could make their premium freemium games premium? They won't because they are not premium, they are freemium. If they made such good games then those games would have a price tag
That's not true. Their games are very good. Dead Trigger, even though it gets stale is better than a ton of games on the app store that cost money. Same can be said about Shadowgun Deadzone, which is an excellent mp game.

the reason they have gone freemium is because they make more money that way.

They have tried to go the premium route, and have not made as much money due to piracy, cheap gamers. People just don't want to spend 7 bucks for a premium game anymore on iOS.

Last edited by Johnny101; 01-18-2013 at 04:13 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 04:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
That's not true. Their games are very good. Dead Trigger, even though it gets stale is better than a ton of games on the app store that cost money.

the reason they have gone freemium is because they make more money that way.

They have tried to go the premium route, and have not made as much money due to piracy, cheap gamers. People just don't want to spend 7 bucks for a premium game anymore on iOS.
Tell that to Gameloft and Chair.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Tell that to Gameloft and Chair.
I would say they are the exception. Gameloft and Chair were making premium games before the iOS market got cheap. I'm sure they made a lot of revenue back in the day.

Generally, iOS gamers don't like to spend more than a few dollars on app store games nowadays.

Closed Thread