Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

When I first saw the trailer for this game I thought to myself finally, they have released Ravenous Redemption!, but my actual experience of the game has been a little bit of a letdown. The things that I appreciate the most about the game are the artwork and its color scheme which are beautiful and simplistic, the controls which are very precise, and the parasitic premise of the game which is very clever if not entirely original (e.g. Kirby, Kale, etc.). What I did not like about the game is that it was not as action packed as the fast-paced trailer had me expecting. When I realized that this is not an action platformer, but rather predominantly a puzzle game, this initial disappointment subsided somewhat. The puzzles are very simplistic, usually consisting of move a crate here - dodge an obstacle there - and infect the characters in the right order. It is not a bad game by any means, but simply not very challenging or exciting to me. Overall, I think it represents a step up from both Burger Cat and Random Heroes (I didn't bother to try Beatdown) and perhaps, hopefully, a step backward toward Ravenous' former greatness.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
For anyone having trouble on level 57 - you need to position the crates in a way that the crate you drop down from above is the one you push over the first crate.

If the crate from above goes into the hole, you will die when pushing the other one over it. If the first crate goes into the hole, there's no problem.
Ditto. Definitely a bug. I hope the devs are listening...
Old 01-19-2013, 12:34 PM

I think Random Heroes was still one of their best titles and ranks highest for me from them. The levels were long and had many paths on multiple levels. Good boss battles, and the costumes and weapons did affect the gameplay, severely in the case of some weapons and how they fire.

This game was alright however. It was too short. The levels were uninspired except for maybe a handful. I finished the game in an hour and it did have some bugs.

One bug in particular is the inability to achieve the kill and guard by infesting a guard achievement. It's the only one missing after finishing the game.

The artwork was great though. The background with the flying seagulls and moving clouds was a nice touch. I like pixel games. I wish the levels were LOOOONG. Longer than RH's levels. And had many paths and hidden nooks to find crap in. I guess what everyone really misses is the Super Mario World (snes) feel. No games seem to be able to capture that.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

All I can really say about this game is meh.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:54 PM

Default Disappointing

Very uninspiring levels, the level designer should be fired.

Had to replay level 57 several times, due to bugs like being stuck in a crate, or dyeing walking over a crate (really?)

Someone should take the great concept and create a good game.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:51 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I bought this game the day it came out but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet because of all the negativity surrounding it. What I don't understand is, people keep saying the game is boring and uninspired, but then they say stuff like "on level 57.." If it were that boring, why would you play it until level 57. I truly don't understand. Im going to give it a quick play and see if the comments are warranted. If so, what a shame because the game looked pretty awesome.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
I bought this game the day it came out but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet because of all the negativity surrounding it. What I don't understand is, people keep saying the game is boring and uninspired, but then they say stuff like "on level 57.." If it were that boring, why would you play it until level 57. I truly don't understand. Im going to give it a quick play and see if the comments are warranted. If so, what a shame because the game looked pretty awesome.
It's actually agreat game... But the controls arent really as helpful especially on the ipad.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:16 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It's actually agreat game... But the controls arent really as helpful especially on the ipad.
Mm yes, yes. I had a quick play, played to about lv 12 and I was really impressed at the unique gameplay. I've never seen a game with the same game mechanics. Was quite impressed, but I will have to agree that the game concept is at much higher quality than the actual levels themself, I only played to lv 12 and already a few of the levels had extra men that weren't required. And the controls do feel a little strange on iPad, not god awful, just not as fluent as they could be.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
Mm yes, yes. I had a quick play, played to about lv 12 and I was really impressed at the unique gameplay. I've never seen a game with the same game mechanics.
Avenging Spirit...

It's actually been ported to the iOS.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:30 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I bought it when it came out. Haven't played much yet. It ok, not great. Per sanuko?, he could not put it down. I'll be playing a little more later today.