Movies

01-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
95% metacritic...that's really damn good.
Sorry, boringly overrated film. I think the only reason it's regarded as such a great film, is because it shows the events prior to, and leading up to the assassination of Osama bin Laden/ who every American considers him right below satan, in terms of douchebaggery, which is why they would want to see it.

If it were an hour shorter, and DID not have Jessica Chastain (who is annoying and over dramatic), I might have enjoyed it.

Favorite app of all time - Dungeon Raid
01-20-2013, 04:24 PM
The Last Stand opened to $6.3m (10th place) this weekend..wow. Guess that's not a movie to see. Really want to see Silver Linings Playbook now. It jumped back up to 3rd place this weekend after the Golden Globes.

Twitter: @back2this

01-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
The Last Stand opened to $6.3m (10th place) this weekend..wow. Guess that's not a movie to see. Really want to see Silver Linings Playbook now. It jumped back up to 3rd place this weekend after the Golden Globes.
Wow, only 6.3? Damn, poor Arnold.

In other news, I just saw Frankenweenie. Not bad, I enjoyed it.
01-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ninja View Post
Sorry, boringly overrated film. I think the only reason it's regarded as such a great film, is because it shows the events prior to, and leading up to the assassination of Osama bin Laden/ who every American considers him right below satan, in terms of douchebaggery, which is why they would want to see it.

If it were an hour shorter, and DID not have Jessica Chastain (who is annoying and over dramatic), I might have enjoyed it.
Just saw the movie and I must say that I completely disagree with you. Apart from being loose with a few facts, namely that it was an entire team of CIA agents instead of a lone wolf after Bin Laden, I really enjoyed it.

Considering that Bin Laden did kill 3000+ Americans in easily the single worst terrorist attack I know of, of course he's high on the villian list, and deservedly so. As for the length, well, there is such a thing as telling a story and enjoying the ride. People just have uber short attention spans these days

Chastain I won't comment on, I thought her performance was done well but I would prefer a more historocally accurate depiction. Obviously though, a good story needs a recognizable protagonist(s) and a groups of CIA operatives wouldn't fit the bill as well as a good looking woman who happens to be obsessed with her work.

What I want to know is if that CIA friend of hers who tried to bribe the doctor and was killed by the suicide bomber really did exist and if seven people were really killed
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Look out your window.
Posts: 5,795
Yeah it looks pretty good, Soon as I get a chance I'm watching It
01-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Scarlett Johansson's Hot Tub
Posts: 5,046
Just saw A Beautiful Mind today. Excellent, excellent movie. Crowe is awesome, highly recommended!
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyK View Post
Just saw A Beautiful Mind today. Excellent, excellent movie. Crowe is awesome, highly recommended!
Deserved its best picture award, no doubt about it.
01-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Beautiful Mind is an excellent movie.

Not actually a movie but I finally got round to watching the fifth season of Dexter. Very good series.

Anyone seen Life of PI?

Fantasy Adventure eBook set on a magical writer's desk available for DOWNLOAD @ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9K3KTW
01-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Scarlett Johansson's Hot Tub
Posts: 5,046
Saw Children of Men starring Clive Owen. Fantastic film, worth watching.

E: Michael Caine in long hair was pretty funny

Last edited by KennyK; 01-24-2013 at 08:49 PM.
01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
JJ Abrams confirmed to make Star Trek Episode 7.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118065109/

I am not a dev, I just post here.
I am not a dev, I just post here.
I am not a dev, I just post here.