Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-20-2013, 03:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Default Traal (completely free)

Hi, I just released Traal, a puzzle horror stealth-em-up game.

It's a completely free game, with no ads or in-app purchases.

I hope you enjoy!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 01-20-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 03:16 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

It seems like an interesting game. I'm not sure I like the controls, though. I would prefer a virtual d-pad rather than swiping my finger around the screen. It seems, so far at least, that movements have to be precise, as there is very little room to move around without dying, and having my finger swiping the character adds problems because it inhibits my view of the character, and therefore I feel that in the future there will be a lot of unfair deaths.

Unless of course that was the point of the game?

I love the graphics and the music so far, though. Thank you for making this app, and thank you for making it free without the need for IAPs and ads! That's very kind of you
Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I remember you guys... You made These Robotic Hearts of Mine, didn't you? Fantastic little game, that! Ill gladly give your new title here a try and post impressions. Thanks much!

Edit: First impression:

Whoa! I love how this game is designed. We've played so many "avoid the guard's flashlight" games, and you've turned it completely on its head. Now it's you with a flashlight, and by simply seeing monsters you flee, sometimes to your own death. Fantastic concept. Beautiful design. And challenging. I have a feeling ill be playing this to completion. (I played this on an ipad by the way, so no control issues...)

If I may ask.. Why/How did you decide to release this one for free?

Last edited by Psiufoxx; 01-20-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM

Love the concept, and stylistically it is spot on. My only issue is with control. I'm already at a part that is proving impossible. A room with four monster eye things. You simply cannot walk into the room without one seeing the torch/spotlight. Unless there is a way of walking backwards?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM

It's this room. I've tried walking up one side, either left or right and once at the spikes, spinning around and walking to the opposite side but no joy. If that is the solution to this room then much finer controls are required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (106.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamZer0 View Post
Love the concept, and stylistically it is spot on. My only issue is with control. I'm already at a part that is proving impossible. A room with four monster eye things. You simply cannot walk into the room without one seeing the torch/spotlight. Unless there is a way of walking backwards?
See the Comment below.

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-20-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamZer0 View Post
It's this room. I've tried walking up one side, either left or right and once at the spikes, spinning around and walking to the opposite side but no joy. If that is the solution to this room then much finer controls are required.
Hint:

•••Spoiler:  You are able to go straight up.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Hint:

•••Spoiler:  You are able to go straight up.
I'd literally just figured this out. Thanks anyway.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I think the controls are actually spot on - the game's just designed too tightly around them, causing frustration to quickly build up. That said, there does not appear to be a lot of depth built in to begin with, so perhaps that's somewhat moot. Interesting concept though, that probably deserves a real effort to expand on.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I think the controls are actually spot on - the game's just designed too tightly around them, causing frustration to quickly build up. That said, there does not appear to be a lot of depth built in to begin with, so perhaps that's somewhat moot. Interesting concept though, that probably deserves a real effort to expand on.
After finishing the game I totally agree. Great concept, well executed. Controls are fine once gotten used to. Now I just wish it was waaaay longer.